The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bomber

New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted]   New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:24 pm

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
Gary , 39 , Johannesburg South Africa

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
We I am probably other than most of you , engaged with 2 kids and a 3rd on the way.

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
*&^^&$ <- Loosely translated to something I said to a ninja just before I came to write the App Smile

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?
Yes I am , I also follow EJ and other theorycrafting sites

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name, Class and Race: MyRevenge , Shaman , Troll

Armory Link:
Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&cn=Myrevenge
*Please note armoury links for guests work as follows:*
[code.] insert link here [/code.] (Do not include the dots within the brackets)
If there is anything that isn't immidiately apparent on your link can you please state why.

1. Character Specs:
Main: Restro
Off: Elemental , 5900+ GS

2. What is your rotation for single target?
I take it this is referring to DPS so NA Smile For healing a mix of Chain heal / Riptide and Lesser and Healing wave

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?
Yes and Yes. Obv not quite as well as Restro, but fairly competently

4. What is your total time played on this character?
50 days

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
No

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir?
Exalted

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
Yes , I have 2 other active toons, 1 also a King slayer and a 2nd I am just starting to raid on.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?
Most Recent :
Pap en vleis : Social guild for South Africans.
The Exodus : 10 man raiding guild whose raid times were to early and interfering with my family time.

Before I transferred this toon here I was in a SA guild that was raiding 25 man before the guild disbanded and I moved here.
I have raided on a few mains at different stages of the game.
Pre-BC : Never raided , was levelling a druid
BC - Druid Tank was my main in a 25 man Raiding guild based on Sylvanas. Raided to 3/4 of BT before the nerfs. I was in the top 3 of management of the guild when I left to prepare for wrath.
Wrath (Uld) - I swopped to a disc priest and moved from alliance to horde. I was leading raids doing heroic's 10 in Uld and assisting in 25 man's.
TOC - I was largely inactive due to RL events and travelling round the world.
ICC - Started to play more actively again and became more active. Current 10/12 HM 10 man and 11/12 25 man. This was largely with a 10 man raiding guild. I left them and joined some friends as with 3 kids the raiding times were to early and interfering with my family.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
A nice friendly atmosphere, to progress and the expectation that RL needs to be balanced with dedication to raiding.

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
You have a good reputation on the server and I have raided with some of your guys in the past.

4. Have you applied to other guilds?
No

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?
Yes, I run a glyph factory so G is not a problem.

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.
I am dedicated, will read up on fights as well as theorycraft my toon.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility
Pre-BC : None - Was busy levelling my toons
BC : Druid Tank up to 3/4 BT before the nerfs hit
WOTLK : Nax : Cleared
Uld : 10 man cleared : 25 man almost
Latter ULD and TOC I was largely inactive.
ICC : Also not as active as I would like , but been doing fairly well.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
Kael'thas Sunstrider -:- At the time on progression is was an incredibly long and intricate fight for our gear levels at the time with real risk of a wipe even near the end of the fight.

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays - 95%
- Thursdays - 95%
- Sundays - 95%
- Mondays - 95%
The times actually suit me as a family man because because of timezones it is actually 20:30 or 21:30 depending on daylight savings. So the kids are in bed and the fiance is busy doing her thing.

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?
I have been on many dkp systems and I have no problem with this one.

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it)
New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted] Wowscrnshot090610192015

DBM for boss alerts
Vuhdu - Healing raid frames
Bartender - Bars
Then some mouse over macros tied to my mouse and keyboard.
are the most important ones.

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?
Herbalism and Alchemy : Both are maxed , but may change Herbalism to JC and power level it.

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
Not many of those in my professions, but will make flasks etc.
Back to top Go down
Bomber

PostSubject: Re: New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted]   New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:06 am

Any news on this application as application I havent seen any feedback yet.
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted]   New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:36 am

Apologies your application is being reviewed. We will get back to you with an answer shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
Bomber

PostSubject: Re: New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted]   New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:39 am

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted]   New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted] EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:26 am

I understand that you are a friend of someone who is already in the guild.

The issue we have is that we aren't currently recruiting for shaman healers. We have quiet a few regulars in the role! After speaking to the officers and GM you are welcome to join as a member but will not be promised raid spots as we currently have no spots open for resto shamans. There might be spots open on guild alts runs and 10 mans but again this isn't guarenteed.

We are however looking for good players to strengthen for when Cata comes out.

If this is something that suits you please let us know.

Thanks,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
Bomber

PostSubject: Re: New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted]   New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted] EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:34 am

Fine by me.
I will happily join on that basis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted]   New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted] Empty

Back to top Go down

New Application - Restro Shammy [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1