The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dex

Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:56 am

Pre statement: I am currently on holiday for a remaining 2 weeks after a 3 month summer break from university, I don't have access to my account currently and it has also been hacked roughly 3 weeks ago though all items have been replaced they are sitting in the mail and as such I am unable to equip them, I hope what remains is good enough for your judgement and if you are interested in me but cant accept me because of this please don't just decline my application with a 'no thanks', let me know as I would love to re apply once I have my account back up and running.

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.

Dexter - 21
United Kingdom - England
Student - Music Technology

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.

Im a fully qualified sailing instructor and I grew up in Hong Kong.

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!

Bananas

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?

I seek out information I need and pass it on when needed, if someone is desperate to find something out I will generally point them in the right direction assuming its for a good use.

- B. About Your Toon -

Grimseer, HolyPvE/HolyPvP Paladin, BElf
Armory Link:
Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight's+Hammer&cn=Grimseer

My character has been hacked over the summer period, my gear is waiting in the mail for me when I return. I hope whats left is enough to prove my knowledge of gems and enchants.

Secondary character - Grimslayer, Frost/Blood Tank Death Knight, Tauren
Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight's+Hammer&cn=Grimslayer

Third character - Grimeye, Feral/Balance Dps Druid, Tauren
Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight's+Hammer&cn=Grimeye

Fourth character - Grimwort, Survival/Marksmanship Hunter, Orc, 80 but rarely used.

1. Character Specs:
Main: Holy
Off: Holy

2. What is your rotation for single target?
Heal criticals before fight for HoT
Fight start - Aura Mastery
Judgement of light/wisdom
Beacon of light secondary tank
Sacred Shield primary tank
Holy shock if needed during previous steps
Holy light/Flash of light as necessary dependent on boss encountered

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?
My off-spec is holy PvP so I suppose that does not count in this instance though if you were to say my DK were my off-spec then yes just as well.

4. What is your total time played on this character?
No idea until Im playing again - 2 weeks away.

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
No

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir?
Exhaled

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
A bit too much...

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?
Ectoplasm - Ive been away for the past 2 months and from the looks of it the guild has crippled, no new achievement, the leader has left and guild members are inactive.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
To provide me with enjoyment through yourselves and through high end gaming with others who take the game seriously as well as having a good time.

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
Because your rather high standing, I cant say if I really want to though, it all depends on my trial period if Im accepted so I can judge for myself if you seem like nice and fun people that I would want to play with.

4. Have you applied to other guilds?
Yes, one at a time though.

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?
More than enough.

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.
You can expect a raider who is fully aware of how instances work with a wide knowledge of bosses and tactics required not only for his own but other classes as well. Im not afraid to say when I dont think something is being done right but at the same time Im respectful of people higher standing than me and so often offer advice rather than judgement.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility
No professional experience pre WoTLK, during WoTLK though I have lead pug's with my DK against all instances, all his gear (what hasn't been stolen by the hacker) is from 2 months of it as my previous guild did not allow alts. I frequently lead all other raids except for ICC on my paladin, taking time in my preparations to ensure successful raids with a lack of brainless people through my creative recruitment ways. As for my actual progression I feel Ive been held back by my previous guild, having attempted the LK many times over on 10 man and not even coming close to taking down Sindragosa in 25 man I can understand that my lack of achievements makes it hard for you to judge my professionalism however I can assure you my knowledge far surpasses my current standing and that I would be a great addition to any raid.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
I cant say I have felt challenged by any so far other than the final dash of Prof Putricide simply because of the fear of how so many things could go wrong so quickly.

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays 95%
- Thursdays 95%
- Sundays 90%
- Mondays 95%
No really.. I have too much free time.

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?
Ive used the DKP system before, I would assume its the same thing in which case yes.

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI.
Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] Wowscrnshot062310220027

This is the most recent picture I have, the main add on thats missing is my spartan ui as appose to the generic button bar at the bottom. The only other difference is that I have switched from grid to pearl. Sorry for any confusion this causes.

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?
Paladin - Mining 450 - Engineering 437 (I plan on changing mining to JC)
Deathknight - Jewlcrafting - Leatherworking
Druid - Herbalism - Alchemy

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
Nope.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to hear back from you soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:11 am

Thanks for the application.

We appreciate the time you have spent aswell as your honesty. I'll discuss with the other officers later tonight and get back to you as soon as possible.

Untill then please can you answer the following questions:

1) Do you now own an authenticator?
2) What are you plans for Cataclysm, do you intend to play? If so which char?
3) If we could viable fit you into our raid squad at present due to any reason, 1 of those maybe relating to gear, how would you feel joining us with the potential to become a raider in the near future / at Cata?
4) Northern Monkey or Southern Fairy?

Cheers Buddy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:38 am

Well written application mate.
But I guess the effort is well placed since you didn't experience far into WotLK, no offense. Though you're DK professions, even being an alt, are well taken care of, shows even more effort, though it lacks major glyphs. Your spec seems accurate but i would change up some of the talents you have. Your concern should me neglecting damage before trying to heal it up, that said i ask why you didn't took Spell deflection? And improved icy touch should be a bigger dps increase now days.
On your paladin the obvious bashing there is mining. Useless to improve your job as a healer. Glyphs and spec seem a bit off. Dsanct spec seems a better choice than crit boosting. But i rather have a holy paladin comment on that. The spells you use shouldn't vary much from encounter to encounter.
BTW, why 4 piece bonus and the spirit enchant on legs?
Lastly the fact that you haven't been active for a while might of made you a bit rusty, but I won't be the judge of that.
Overall I liked seeing your DK tank more than your paladin, though i dunno if we have spots for either of them.
It will be up to the officers. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
Dex

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:45 am

1) Do you now own an authenticator?
No, I have no intention of spending money for something that Blizzard should be providing for free considering how easy it is to produce any other form of authenticator that can even be embedded into the game. Even terrible games like Maple Story have better security that WoW.

2) What are you plans for Cataclysm, do you intend to play? If so which char?
For Cata Im thinking of rolling mage or buffing my druid.. we'll see. Healing is getting a bit dull and tanking is fun but there aren't many positions in guilds for them. Im just not too happy about how the paladin seems to be getting nerfed a bit with its beacon of light only going to be able to pass flash of light and no other healing, along with it getting simpler such as sacred shield will last an hour or something rather than just 30 seconds so I don't think Ill continue unless I re-spec to prot.

3) If we could viable fit you into our raid squad at present due to any reason, 1 of those maybe relating to gear, how would you feel joining us with the potential to become a raider in the near future / at Cata?
Im reluctant but we'll see, with no fixed release date in site that means I might well be left to one side for a couple of months.

4) Northern Monkey or Southern Fairy?
Neither? I don't like monkeys or fairy's so Im going to go with the Eastern Dragon. Though if your going to be picky Ill go with Northern Monkey.
Back to top Go down
Dex

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:04 am

- I ask why you didn't took Spell deflection? And improved icy touch should be a bigger dps increase now days.

My DK was just passing the grade for ICC before I went on break, I needed to bulk my HP and Parry up first and I haven't seen any major need for Spell Deflection yet as long as you know the bosses well enough and know when to burst out an anti magic shell if things get rough. Same for the icy touch, I wanted to get my defense up before going for dmg.

- BTW, why 4 piece bonus and the spirit enchant on legs?

I was collecting emblems faster than dkp and used my dkp all up on trinkets, shield, weapon and so on. I was only going to keep 2 from the set when moving up to HC since I find the 2 piece bonus rather useful. As for the enchant the old guildy made me the wrong one, I didn't really see the need to change it from Spirit to Stam until the guild started getting serious, which obviously never happened.

- Lastly the fact that you haven't been active for a while might of made you a bit rusty, but I won't be the judge of that.

Your probably right, though it never takes me long to get back into the swing of games... except fps games, I suck at those. Razz

- It will be up to the officers. Good Luck.

Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:01 am

Thanks for the replies, we'll get back to you shortly
Back to top Go down
Dex

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:39 am

*Gasp* The tension builds!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:21 am

As it stands we have 3 active holydins, and 1 who was active who is currently not logging as much, tank front we have a number of tanks all very active.
We would struggle to fit you into the core for HC bosses and such, howere we do another run weekly which atm is usually filled with others who wernt picked for that week / geared alts, and we are averaging around 10 bosses a night on that run.

If your interested in joining we could only offer you a social spot, which would include a spot for that said raid above. When Cata comes (beginning of Nov) we can obviously re-evaluate due to people who will quit / re-roll.

Let me know if this is something that interests you, or if its not what your currently looking for.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Dex

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:46 am

As its stands this is probably the best offer I have so far so Ill take it. Though in the mean time Ill be applying myself to other guilds to see if there are any decent spots for me to fill in unless my position in your guild becomes of higher standing or perhaps Ill just grow to like you all to much. That said I don't really expect to get into other guilds hc's anyway in which case I guess Ill see you all in a week and a bit!

Again, thanks for this opportunity especially considering the faultiness of my application.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:07 am

Accepted as social

With posibility to move up to raider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]   Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted] Empty

Back to top Go down

Application - Holy Paladin/DK Tank [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1