The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arka

Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] Empty
PostSubject: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:17 pm

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.

Hey there ,Well my name is Johan Rossouw.I live in Brackenfell ,Cape Town South Africa ,Born and Raised Capetonian. This is also where i attended Primary and high school Matriculated 2001 ,I am a IT consultant by trade and a wow player at night Smile
I dinged 27 ,26 April this year (2010)

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
Hmm this could be a trickey qeustion based on what you would find interesting or not Wink well i have a big sence of humor and i am always up to have sum fun ,i play action cricket and besides that i spend some time with allies(aka friends) and family,I dont have much to tell that realy stands out with me attended college for a year to study where i then worked for a year afterwards ,did sports at school and i earned the achievment (go out and get stupid drunk at the age of 18 )

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
Tonsel :p

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?

yes i would consider myself to be helpfull and like that ,my current guild i am a officer where i am always helping others organising things on guild forums and also trying to just lighten things up with some off topic post and general humor Smile,its important to break the Tombs (Ice ) sometimes ..

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name, Class and Race:

Arkadian,Death Knight Blood Elf

Armory Link:

Code:
 http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&n=Arkadian

*Please note armoury links for guests work as follows:*

[code.] insert link here [/code.] (Do not include the dots within the brackets)
If there is anything that isn't immidiately apparent on your link can you please state why.

i am currently testing DW dps and i do enjoy it so that is not my real MS spec i use Shadow`s Edge 2 hander with unholy build not DW frost as MS

1. Character Specs:

Main: 0/17/54 Unholy
Off: 0/53/18 Frost DW

2. What is your rotation for single target?

PS,IT,BS,SS,BS,DC,SS,BS,SS,BS,DC,DC

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?

well at the moment my OS is also DPS DW 2x 1 handed axes same gear used except for the 2 hander my Recount dps is pretty similar

4. What is your total time played on this character?

114 days,14 hours,29 minutes

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?

i only have a lowbie alliance toon on Tarrenmill side so no real need too Smile ,i would consider it if the guild was to move for some reason

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir?

I am lucky enough to be Exalted with them we all know the burden of farming the SoH rep Wink

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?

Yes,i am pretty much online everynight ,i farm achievments or play on my alts

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?

My Guild tree looks something like this from oldest to current:

.Pap en Vleis (south african only guild)

.The Exodus ( i joined Exodus as it is Run by a friend of mine and stayed for a while )

.Pap en vleis : i rejoined this guild as most of my friends was in this guild ,some of them have since stopped playing ( Current)

Reason for leaving : my current guild i have no real issue with i just wish to experience something new ,meet new people and see how things are done outside of what i am use to

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?

To be very honest i dont expect much ,i am a easy going wow player i am fine with going with the flo ,i hate ninja looters so thats one thing that i would not want to see but i am sure this is not tollerated by a guild like yours ,besides this just a general feel at home kinda vibe and i am sorted and happy Wink

3. Why do you want to join this guild?

Well i heared that the guild has South Africans in charge hehe and i also know 2 people from the guild so in general would like to be kinda closer to home where they are ,i am not looking for any kind of permanent raid spot or boost through HC`s etc i am more then happy to just be a social and help out where i can,if my services are recuired i will be more then happy to provide them where needed Smile

4. Have you applied to other guilds?

No i have not there are not any other guilds that i would like to join ,as u can see from past guilds i dont jump around as often either unless i have a reason

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?

Yes i am ALWAYS prepared for my raids i have my flask,food buffs enough Gold for repairs ,i needed to lead by example to my fellow guildies so i made sure that i was always prepared

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.

Well firstly i am hoping my application is accepted ,as i am not expecting much and begging or asking for raid spots or anything. On the raiding front i have done anything and everything from boosting to progression i am willing to do all kinda of raids if it is accpected of me from the guild ,I am a dedicated raider in my current guild and if i sign up for a raid i am there ontime and ready to do what is asked of me
i like progression raiding end game content is always enjoyable aswell as classic raids and achievment runs just for fun ,and ofcourse with taht all said Farming raids,dungeons etc are fine with me aswell.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility

I only started playing wow in BC towards the end of BC ,so raiding wise i did not do any PRE-BC raids as progression raids ,and neither any BC raids i dinged level 70 just before WOTLK was launched so i missed the buld of the raiding back then
WOTLK Raiding experience :

Naxx : Progressed through naxx 10,25 man ,was also a officer in the guild at the time so raidleading explaining strat where needed etc etc

Ulduar: progressed in 10 man Cleared our guild lost allot of raiders at this time so we unfortanetly where unable to really progress in 25 man

ToC : progressed and cleared aswell as farmed 10 man ,cleared 25 man with guild and pugs ,also raid lead Guild 10 man runs at this time

ICC: Cleared 10 man ,i had a perma spot in a organised 25 man every saterday where we cleared all the wings except Frostwing on 25 man

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?

Ahh now there is an immediate one or 2 Fights that have been realy challenging and which i also loved
1.Yogg-Saron we where a bunch of friends doing it at the time with know realy knowledge and had to learn it as we go,the fight has allot to focus on and recuires allot of coordination

2.Mimron This fight wasnt exactly undoable hard it was just a case of that little Gnome on that tank`s voice realy started to annoy me after a few wipes ..to this day i still *shiver* when i hear it hehe

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)

- Wednesdays 100%
- Thursdays 100%
- Sundays 100%
- Mondays 100%

*the times are completely fine with me *

if i am asked to be at a raid or a follow on i will make sure i am there unless ,some unforseen circamstances prevent it.

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?

Yes i completley agree players should be rewarded for raid attendance and effort put in ,we use DKP system at the moment which works similiar to your system as far as i know

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it)

Ok i do not have a screenshot of UI while in combat but i do have a screenshot right after i ported out

(please let me know if you recuire anything extra from me i will make a effort to get it )

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?

Mining 450/450
Jewelcrafting 450/450

Took up JC for the Dragon`s Eye gems for my gear

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?

I have most of the recipe`s for Jewelcrafting so yes i would be glad to help out at no charge to guildies

Please note:
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Arkadian

PostSubject: Arka-DK DPS    Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 pm

O my bad i forgot to post my UI so here it is :

Back to top Go down
Arkadian

PostSubject: Arka-DK DPS   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Sorry guys kept using the wrong link here you go :
( had some issues with my UI at the time of this screenshot was trying out new UI addons so the unit frames are not placed right ,it looks fine now)

Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] WoWScrnShotKSrun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Your UI seems a little crowded, maybe you should consider making the UI scale smaller. Nice app though and GL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:53 pm

ugly UI!

Dunno if we have a spot for an another active DK, but not having any expirience pre-WotLK and no Hard modes whatsoever in WotLK doesn't give any reason to get you in either.

~Ludiaro
Back to top Go down
Cattriona

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Well in all fairness, he is applying for a social spot with the possibility to move up in ranks as/if we need him:)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:22 pm

About social spot.. Sir Nosforato just added a new post here on the forums about socials, non raiders, friends etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:00 pm

wats up with all those app's in red colour... its hurts the eyes.. dont u know green is the relaxing colour and red brings a bad impression on the others.

Good luck on ur apply.

No comments on the ui :PPPP

Cheers Iz
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Thankyou for you application. I am prepared to review it and speak to Nos.

We do have some upcoming changes to the guild however.

I will let you know the outcome on your application as soon as I can.

Thanks,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
Arkadian

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Thank you for all your replies Smile ,i understand and i appreciate it
Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards
Arka
Back to top Go down
Cattriona

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:09 am

After reading Phils post yesterday I think I should add that after raiding with Arkadian every week for almost six months now, I really believe he can contribute to the guild and that he is the kinda person we would want with us for progress and Cata. Arkadian is saying he doesnt expect raidspots but will be there for us when we do need him and if things change.

*crossing my fingers for you* Wink
Back to top Go down
Myrevenge

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:15 pm

I have know Arka for a long time as well.

Very good guy and I think he could be a good asset to the guild , even on social status
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:03 am

Jen, any news on this?
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:26 am

Accepted as social
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]   Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social] Empty

Back to top Go down

Arka-DK DPS application [Accepted Social]
Page 1 of 1