The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kimmyn

kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted]   kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:57 pm

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
my name is Rogerio, im a 27 year old male living in South Africa (city: Rustenburg)
i am self employed goldsmith and have been in the trade for 8 years now.

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
interesting you say, oh crap i haven't got a clue, this is what you can call hitting a blank here. um
i melt stuff Smile

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
sportsfan

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?
hell yea, in the past i typed out a guide to help newbies in my guild.

here in the url if you wanna check it out ( im sure its rather out dated at the moment)

Code:
http://www.pnv.co.za/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=62

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?
i know arkadian he was a fellow warlord/officer at my current guild also know Cattriona raided plenty icc 25 with them and im sure there might be a few more that iv raided with in the past. just cant remember names at the moment

6. Is your application for current content or for Cataclsym?
both, i guess with catt due in 3 weeks it will mostly be for catta

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:
Character Name, Class and Race: kimmyn , undead Rogue
Armory Link:

Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&n=kimmyn

1. Character Specs:
Main: combat 2/31/3
Off: none at the moment as the combat and assassination differed before patch 401

2. What is your rotation for single target?
opining trix on tank
maintain slice and dice and rupture and 4-5 point evis. in between killing spree and adrenaline rush as they come of CD and trix

3. Are you able to play your off spec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?
well i used to play assassination and my dps was good. before patch 401 the combat and assassination gear were very different

4. What is your total time played on this character?

72days 12 hours and 30min

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
not planning to any time soon

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir?
huh who are they? those giants that freeze there butt's off in Storm peaks!

Exalted Smile

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?

yea i farm to pay for the raiding and i enjoy collecting mounts and pets in spare time. also try do do the achievements

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?

well i only started playing retail wow about a year ago and have been with PNV since i started playing on retail.
i am currently a officer/ warlord at pnv but i have decided its time to find a guild that can offer more raiding and fun i guess

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
we for a start, a social stats till i prove my self.

who knows mayb one day i will rule the world Twisted Evil

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
i got a few friends here and i also heard that The council is a great no nonsense raiding guild and i would like to see how the big boys/girls do it Razz

4. Have you applied to other guilds?

no
not with in the last few months

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?

yea i log off with my toon prepared for raiding

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.

well if i get accepted i will try my best to bring my A game to the guild and help where ever i can.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility

As i said above i only started playing WOW retail when WoTLK released about a year ago, over this year i went from social to warlord/officer in a few months with the time and effort i contributed to pnv. before playing retail WOW i played for 2 year on a private WOW server and was also a warlord/officer with that guild. we had BT on farm and our progression was SWP

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
On retail i would have to say LK took alot of wipes but finally we got him down.
also the pvp fight in TOC before ICC was opened

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays 100%
- Thursdays 100%
- Sundays 100%
- Mondays 100%

unless something unexpected spoils my plans

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?

yea i think its totaly fair. im used to the DKP system witch is close to the same. reward the players that put in the time and effort and not the players looking for a free ride

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it)

well not in combat cause i dont have any. this is a screenie taken after we downed LK 10man the only addon you wont see is rogue power bars to track bleed effects and timers of SND

kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted] KimmynuiafterLKkill

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?

have mining 450 and JC 450 ( kind of ironic as im a goldsmith and a JC in a game ) i like them shiny things Laughing

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
I have almost all the high end gem patterns and i am more then willing to share with the rest of the guild

I hope that the answers i have given are sufficient and i hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Kimmyn

ps: the blue text is easier on the eyes Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted]   kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Exp and hit cap,

and second thing, glyphs.

Can you explayin that ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted]   kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:14 am

Neshama wrote:
Exp and hit cap,

and second thing, glyphs.

Can you explayin that ?

What Nesh means is

1 ) Why are you under Exp cap, and why are you under the 17% hit cap (for poisons).
2 ) Can you explain your glyph choices
3 ) Can you explain which stats you should be reforging, which are your weakest and strongest stats and why?
4 ) Why have you decided to stay with combat and not go back to Assassination?
5 ) What kind of DPS are you currently doing on a Saurfang style fight?

These questions are all to gauge wether I can work with you to become a raider in cataclysm, rather than just a social.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
kimmyn

PostSubject: Re: kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted]   kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:23 am

hey there.

you got me! Razz call me the fail rogue tongue

1 ) Why are you under Exp cap, and why are you under the 17% hit cap (for poisons).

The reason for this is my current guild have called off raiding till cata so i guess i haven't set up my gems and enchants and made sure im at exp cap and poison hit cap. ( my thinking is that catta is due 3 weeks then we all gonna be leveling and getting new gear so no point spending gold unnecessary ) now that iv applyed to join The Council if acepted my gear will be set up correctly ( that will take me 30min to correct Smile)

2 ) Can you explain your glyph choices

at the moment NO, i haven't really set them up for the best dps out put. to be totally honest i been completing achievements and leveling a alt these last few weeks. level 62 warlock

3 ) Can you explain which stats you should be reforging, which are your weakest and strongest stats and why?

well i use the spreed sheet from Elitist Jerks in the past and based most stats on EP value and try find a nice fit, not saying im the best at it but i do understand the mechanic behind most of it.

well on my current gear i need to up my hit and exp to cap and thus i would reforge a lot of crit for those( mostly cause blizzard decide to replace all my Arp with crit )

4 ) Why have you decided to stay with combat and not go back to Assassination?

well my assassination gear is alot weaker then my current combat gear. the reason i made the change to combat was:
the instant burst damage available for multiple mob fights. the assassination spec was great but its felt like a 747 air plane struggling to take off, once in the air on fights like Surfang and feaster-gut its was potent. ( the ramp time i felt was slow)

5 ) What kind of DPS are you currently doing on a Saurfang style fight?

well i havent been raiding much since the patch but i think i hit a 10-11k dps in the last icc 25.

when it comes to my rogue i do spend the time researching ways to do as much dps as possible and i make sure my toon is always the best i can get it, with that said i am always open to constructive criticism and am always willing to learn and improve where i might make mistakes ( im not perfect but i try to do my best)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted]   kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:45 am

I like your answers and as you understand stat weights and EP values im more than happy to take you under my wing as such.

Give me a wsp in game, we'll invite you as social to start with and look at moving that to raider depending how you get on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted]   kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted] Empty

Back to top Go down

kimmyn aplication ( Rogue) [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1