The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brofist

Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted]   Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted] EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:54 pm

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
Johan, 17, from Cape Town, South Africa. I am currently a student.

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
I don't always play core DPS classes, but when I do, I tend to suck.

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
I, uh...

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?
Indeed, I enjoy researching relevant content and I will be happy to share what I know with others.

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?
I know Naphth/Xephic, used to be IRL bros with him before he moved to the UK.

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:
Character Name, Class and Race: Brofist, Orc Warrior

Armory Link:

Code:
 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/brofist/simple

If there is anything that isn't immidiately apparent on your link can you please state why.
I have not yet fully gemmed/enchanted my gear due to the high prices of gems and the fact that much of my current gear will be replaced by 346/359 gear in the near future.

1. Character Specs:
Main: Protection
Off: Arms

2. What is your rotation for single target?
Opener: Heroic Throw, Charge (Commanding Shout and Berserker Rage are activated during the charge)
Rotation: I work on a priority system which is as follows
Shield Slam > Revenge > Rend > Devastate
Revenge and Devastate are used as quickly as possible after Shield Slam to proc Sword and Board, since SnB is most effective if it procs the first GCD after Shield Slam is used. Devastate moves up in priority if there are less than 3 stacks of Sunder Armor applied.

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?
I am able to play Arms DPS reasonably well, unfortunately I do not have the gear to take the spec to its full potential.

4. What is your total time played on this character?
13 days, 15 hours at the time of writing.

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
No.

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir?
Unfriendly.

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
Playtime outside of raiding is mostly spent farming for gear, mats, and occasionally helping people out.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?
Pap en Vleis. While PnV has a great social aspect, it is not as focused on raiding as I'd like it to be.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
A raiding guild with competent, skilled players, who know how to have fun.

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
The Council has a reputation for getting raids done.

4. Have you applied to other guilds?
No.

5. We will be doing some PvP rated BGs, is PvP something that interests you?
Yes, definitely. I have been following warrior PvP for a few months now, and I'd like to try it once time, gear and resources permits.

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?
Yes.

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.

I'll be prepared to do what needs to be done, both in term of raiding and preparation. I pride myself on thorough research and doing my homework, and I will not hesitate to amend my playing style to give the best chances of winning an encounter.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility
I only started raiding in October, starting as main or offtank in ICC. Due to the fact that cataclysm was only a few months away, the raids were generally disorganised, and, since the tank is only as good as his group, I was unable to progress very far.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
Sindragosa. Never managed to get her down. Difficulty was mostly due to people not bothering to lose their stacks at the last phase.

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays
100%
- Thursdays
100%
- Sundays
100%
- Mondays
50%

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?
Yes. A system that recognises the efforts made by players towards raiding and rewards them proportionately is inherently a good one.

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it)

Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted] Wowscrnshot122010231246

Due to a recent re-install I unfortunately do not have any screenshots of my UI whilst raiding.

My UI includes the standard Omen/DBM/Recount combination. I use Xperl raidframes.

And, if you're wondering what the white things are in the centre, they're Power Auras Classic auras which indicate which abilities are usable/how many stacks of a certain buff I have. Helps a lot for maximum uptime/usage of important abilities.

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?
Mining and Engineering. I am currently working to max Engineering.

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
Not yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted]   Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted] EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:23 am

With it being the Christmas season it will take a little longer for us to look into taking on another tank.

Please be patient & Merry X-mas
Back to top Go down
Brofist

PostSubject: Re: Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted]   Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted] EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:28 am

I see, thank you. Merry Christmas to you too<:
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted]   Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted] EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:45 am

Hello and thankyou for your application.

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. The officers who deal with recruitment (myself included) are currently on holiday. We can get you in and see how you do with the rest of the members. We are slightly thin atm due to holidays so we will track your progress another way.

Please give one of our members a /w and they will direct you to an officer for an invite.

Meanwhile please register on the website.

Apologies again for the delay, I hope you enjoyed your Xmas Smile

Thanks,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted]   Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted] Empty

Back to top Go down

Brofist - Protection Warrior application [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1