The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holy Priest Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neonel

Holy Priest Application Empty
PostSubject: Holy Priest Application   Holy Priest Application EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
My name is Xenon, I am originally from Greece, but I study and live in UK at the moment. I am studying Mechanical Engineering.

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
I am a cheerful person, I play WoW because I purely like it, and not because I dont have anything else to do. Apart from WoW I am playing football semi-professionally in my university's team. Also I am really keen into skiing. I often go with my ski team trips to France and Austria for some quality-detox time deep in the mountains.

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
super monkey ninja force!

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?
Besides of looking in guild forums I am a member of many WoW related forum websites such as elitistjerks.com and mm-champion. A guild without a wealthy website, cannot go far.

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?
Not much, I only happened to know Maggie from some common friends, but that's it

- B. About Your Toon -

Character Name, Class and Race:
Neone, bloodiest elf Holy priest

Armory Link:

1. Character Specs:
Main: Holy PvE
Off: Disco PvE

2. What is your rotation for single target?
I m afraid that's a bit irrelevant for me Smile

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?
No, not quite. But if you are in need of a disco priest I can devote myself in some theorycrafting and within a day or two I can be as shiny as a diamond.

4. What is your total time played on this character?
60 days. Was my ex-alt, planing to make him my main again. (my current main, Zangy (fury warrior) has 180days)

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
Nope

6. What is your reputation with Therazane?
On this Char is revered, since it was my alt but I am farming my way to exalt. I assure you that epic shoulder enchant will be there when I enter raid.

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
But of course, I focus on raiding but I play more. Doing heroics with guildies and alts, farming hard achievements is like a challenge to me. I am helpful and quite dedicated to the game.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?
In TBC I was in Oneiros, being the mage officer, I left since the guild disband, then I move to Time Worms with my warrior where I became the warrior officer during naxxramas days, when ulduar released TW disband and I went to Still water, which I left considerably fast since their progress was not mentionable and the players in that guild were not skilled enough. I found a spot in Circle of Light were I did most of my serious raiding on my warrior during Ulduar and TOC days, then they decided to move to Ravencrest server and I did not intend to follow them since I had to take a break on WoW to study hard for my exams to pass to the university, when that was done I decided to level up my priest since I could not find a good guild for my warrior. I dinged 80 fast and joined Organised Confusion which decided to move server cause of lag issues. Then I joined Rage for Order with my priest, where I did some serious ICC raiding but eventually after 3 months they disband as well. After that I decided to reroll back to my warrior and I was lucky to find a spot in Essential Accenture which I must admit was my best guild so far. Unfortunately EA disband after some internal/officer issues and then I transferred my warrior to the Horde side to join some IRL friends PVP team. After the dead-summer period I started looking for a guild and I was accepted to Last Choice. I did all of my cata raiding there but unfortunately at this period they do not satisfy my raiding standards. Also, some days ago there was a very messy confusion with the officers towards our 10man group, which they managed to rip apart. Now I want to focus on 25man raiding, where I belong.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
I expect a decently solid team, as it should be. I expect 24 raiders with me who know they job to the point. Making false decisions is acceptable, besides we are human beings, but raising your hand up and admit your fault is what makes me forgive people no matter how big mistakes they do. After 5 years of WoW I am basically looking for a stable home and family. I no longer care much about gear, because sooner or later it will come with the progress. I want to be part of a raiding team.

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
I am looking for a guild that has skilled players, nice community. I do not wish to sit on my PC 24/7 and farm all the content until my eyes bleed and live on red bull, after all real life is somewhat important too. But i only enjoy wow when playing in a friendly environment with players that don't only know their own characters in depth, but how all their raiding team is able of playing, understanding the mechanics of every fight in depth, willing to find out new and maybe smarter ways of handling an encounter. Council been an old name to the server, and i strongly believe that fits the profile i described above

4. Have you applied to other guilds?
Yes I have applied to another one as well (honesty goes first for me).

5. We will be doing some PvP rated BGs, is PvP something that interests you?
Never been a huge fun like PvE end game raiding but always doing some pvp during the week. (arena is good). Havent played rated BGs. But that seems like a challenge, so count me in !

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?
Dont worry, my bank and bags have a lot of space. You can consider those things to be priority for me and always a must have, even for farming content. MOney aint a problem!

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.
What I am looking for is a standard raid spot in a 25man raid. Progress for me is important, without progress, doing same things all over again is not fascinating me. So progressing as a GUILD is extremely valuable to me. I have been a serious and hardcore raider from the age of 16, playing among 30 and 40year old. Always focused, alert and ready to communicate about a problem and accept criticism. Farm content is nice too. I like to chill n kill for a period of time. It is not something that will make me miss a raid.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? and current content? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility

Vanilla: I did not do much, only ZG and some MC because back then I was only 15 and could not be devoted to the game enough.

The Burning Crusade: kara, gruul, maggy, SSC (no vash), TK(no sunstrider), full BT did not have the chance to step into the plateau. (officer)

Wrath of the Lich King:
naxx 10/25, OS3D 10/25, (officer)
Maly 10/25,
Ulduar 10/25 – 10man all Hms except one light in darkness – 25man few Hms.
TOC10/25,
ToGC10/25
ICC 10 12/12 - 11/12 heroic
ICC25 12/12 - 11/12 heroic

Cataclysm:
BoT - 4/4
BWD - 5/6
Tot4W - 2/2
This progress has been made on my warrior mainly (I have some of them on my priest already) his name is Zangy.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
But of course Price Kael'thas very hard at its time, you had to be alert at all times, focused and awake. All the animation and the weapon fighting made quite a memorable image into my head

5. (For DPS) There is a group of 6 mobs with clear instructions of a killing order plus some CC's. Do you:
a) Run around screaming.
b) AoE the shit out of everything.
c) Kill in the order given.
d) Pick your nose and go afk.

6. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays 100%
- Thursdays 100%
- Sundays 100%
- Mondays 90% sometimes my monday lab ends at 19:30 and might be a bit late there.

7. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?
Its BY FAR the best!

8. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it, please use the links in the above post to help you)

I am terribly sorry but I havent got a combet UI snapshot on this toon! Hopefully I will raid on friday and pick up one.

Addons:
Grid- Nice, clear raidframes
Clique - click casting addon, saves much time from clicking portrait & pushing button (actually it halves the time)
Shadowed Unit Frame- cmon blizzard your freaking frames cant move!!! i dont wanna be looking down at my castbar and then have to go all the way up to see my life!! I got a 26 inch iMac!

apart from those all the rest is for the smoothness of UI nothing really helps raiding and important stuff.

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?
Tayloring & ench (yeh i got da perks)

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
Nah I am sorry havent worked on that yet!

I am feeling I should add some more motivation here, so I will go ahead and point out some more stuff (I hope that doesnt cross any borders)

Why should we pick me: Still my gear is not as shiny as it used to be back in naxxramas, ulduar and ToC days but i am sure that when i get it i will be able to make good use out of their potential, after all i have been in a few decent guilds back in the past (like Time Wroms during naxxramas and Circle of Light during ulduar before they moved on to Ravencrest) and their comments about my playstyle were never negative. Being in such guilds has taught me a couple of lessons, I have learned not only to seek for every possible upgrade for my gear and every way to maximize my potential output but the respect my teammates as well, to be fully devoted during raids and to discipline myself on the commands of the raid leader and officers. I believe that it would be a great opportunity for me to join a guild like Council

Whats my main strength as a player: I believe that over the years of WoW I have become a skilled player, I know my character in depth, and based on experience in raiding, I know how to handle hard and difficult encounters. I am a very friendly person as well, I m social and very active.

Whats my main weakness as a player: One thing is that I cannot fit the profile of the 24/7 player, starting from afternoon ending the next morning farming all content of the game and staying awake on Red Bull's. If I was this guy I would have been more geared, maybe even more skilled, but definitely less smart. Thats just not me.

Thanks you for your time.
Kind regards,
Neonel the healbot
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

Holy Priest Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Priest Application   Holy Priest Application EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:50 pm

Hello and thank you for your application. Very well written and I think with your experience you would be a asset to our raiding team. We can certainly offer you a stable raiding home Smile

Please /w myself or Trultz ingame.

Cheers,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk

Holy Priest Application
Page 1 of 1