The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zane

Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] Empty
PostSubject: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:53 am

A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
Mike, 17, England, Student

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
I play rugby

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
Clobber

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?
If I feel others will benefit from the information then I will happily share it.

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?
No.

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name, Class and Race:
Zane, Enhancement Shaman, Orc.

Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Zane/advanced

1. Character Specs:
Main: Enhancement
Off: Elemental

2. What is your rotation for single target?
I use a priority system of: Totems, Unleash Elements with Flame shock, lava Lash, Storm strike, earth shock, lightning bolt

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?
My elemental gear is rather low.

4. What is your total time played on this character?
13 days

5. Do you have a link availible to World of Logs?
No

6. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
No

7. What is your reputation with Therazane?
Revered

8. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
Yes I enjoy dailies and anything which captures my interest.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?
Vigil, I wish to leave and join a more raid orientated guild.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
To support me and to progress though the dragon soul raid.

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
It has a good reputation and I feel I could benefit the guild as well as it hugely benefiting me.

4. Have you applied to other guilds?
No.

5. We will be doing some PvP rated BGs, is PvP something that interests you?
It does but with PvE I don't have the time to participate in PvP.

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?
Yes, I have always been able to get my food and flasks as well as keep my gear gemmed and enchanted.

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.
I would be an active raider who would love to progress and I even enough farming raids if it would benefit someone else.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? and current content? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility
I joined in WoTLK I did 11/12 then in Cata I have done 6/6 in BWD, 4/4 in BoT, 2/2 in ToTFW. In FL I only managed 3/7 due to the fact I broke my thumb at the start of September and have only been able to play for less than 4 weeks.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
Lich King was my most challenging encounter due to the fact I never got into a proper guild and was new to the game and I was always pugging ICC and never managed to kill him.

5. (For DPS) There is a group of 6 mobs with clear instructions of a killing order plus some CC's. Do you:
a) Run around screaming.
b) AoE the shit out of everything.
c) Kill in the order given.
d) Pick your nose and go afk.

e) i would kill everything in order just by the press of one button.

6. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays - 100%
- Sundays - 100%

7. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot? Yes players who put in a lot of effort should be rewarded then it being down to luck.

8. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it, please use the links in the above post to help you)

https://2img.net/h/i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac178/Suppressi0n/MyUI.jpg

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?

Mining and Skinning - both are at 525.

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
No.
Back to top Go down
Wolfcan

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi and thank you for applying!

I'm the troll of the guild and love to bitch on applications...so here goes:

1. Your enchanting......you enchant hit and expertise?? Thats like swearing in church.....you got low enchant on chest, wrong enchant on legs and not extalted with therazane for shoudler enchant...4 weeks is more then enough to get it exalted.

2. you miss two major glyphs...not a biggie, but if you had to what would the last two be

3. Your experience is really low...even from wrath. No full weeks of wiping on hc bosses at all??

EDIT: I just saw...Avalnche enchant on weapon.....do please explain that one...

Please comment my comments Smile

Forumbitcher

Wolfcan
Back to top Go down
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Why hi,

1. All my enchants are now fixed and correct Smile I am half way through to getting exalted so it won't take long now.

2. Glyph of Ghost Wolf & either Glyph of Fire Nova or Glyph of Chain Lightning.

3. I know I have never had the chance to properly raid and the guild I am with now they don't really do progression although I try to encourage them but they don't have the gear, time or skill for it.

Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My turn   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Evening

First of all i know as much about shamans as i do astrophysics and i have no fucking idea about that. so rotation spec etc that's down to others.

1. Missing 2 major Glyps 1 minor, why is this ?

2. ok i understand the guild your in at the moment may be struggling alot but your progress is a worry., that brings me onto how do we know that when we hit HC content and have had a week of wipe nights that you won't bitch out and quit? not a judge of your character we just don't know you right now and we are recruiting for the long term, so we need to know your worth it.

3. i will give you some credit tho, the application had some time put into it which is nice, its nice to see you have listened to wolf in regards to your gear, just your shoulder enchant that needs sorting.

4. just checked ej against your gear etc looks ok.

lastly, im 99.8% sure that unless your running a £1000+ pc that your UI pack will have horrible issues with 25 man raiding. you might want to look at something abit more lightweight. Elvui is a nice one.

Ps. Do you have a sence of humour...

Peace out bitch tits

Gash santa

Back to top Go down
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:54 am

Hey,

1. All sorted now.

2. Well I could right some clichéd crap here about I'm all in it for the guild and stuff but I suppose you hear that all the time. So basically then only way I could really prove it is to show you, also I hate the idea of quitting and giving up what's the point in trying if you are just going to give up?

3. Thanks, my shoulder enchant will be sorted within 2 days.

About my UI i will download ElvUI and give it ago however I have never noticed a problem with it and it seem fine when doing the LFR.

I did, my guild didn't :/

In a bit, you massive tit.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:02 am

Morning,

Was moving house this weekend so here it comes...

Quote :
2. What is your rotation for single target?
I use a priority system of: Totems, Unleash Elements with Flame shock, lava Lash, Storm strike, earth shock, lightning bolt

Im not sure if you just chucked this stuff in, but it looks odd, can you explain your reasoning behind this or adjust to suit, I would like to see it in a list format with the highest prio ability at the top and the lowest at the bottom (noting any specific conditions)

e.g

1. Troll Realm Forums
2. Troll Trulz on Skype
3. Get Banned from realm forums
4. Troll council forums (only if 3 has occured)
5. make a brew, & eat crumpets

Expertise Cap

Can you explain why you have opted to go over the cap for your MH, and why this would be a benefit or a hinderance?

Stat Weights

Can you explain the current stat weights for enhancement

That's all for now
Back to top Go down
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:11 pm

My priority system is like this:

1. Refresh searing totem when about 3 seconds left on the searing flames DOT
2. Cast lava Lash
3. Unleashed Elements followed by Flame shock
4. Lightning bolt when 5x Maelstrom weapon
5. Stormstrike
6. Earth Shock

Due to the 7 second duration on unleash flame I can weave other abilities in between Unleashed Flame and Flame shock.

Expertise Cap
It was due to the fact to make my off hand weapon at expertise capped, however this is not a problem any more as I have obtained an axe and now both weapons are at 26 expertise.

Stat Weights
Obviously Hit is the most important followed by expertise, with both of these capped out the next most important is mastery, followed by crit and haste being the least important stat.

Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 am

Thanks for the reply,

Why do you have Stormstrike as a low priority and where does Maelstrom Weapon x 5 + LB fit in?

Where does Spirit Wolves fit into that que
Back to top Go down
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:23 am

Sorry firstly I made a mistake and secondly I did write it very clearly so I'll try again Razz

1.Refresh Searing Totem when there is less than 3 seconds remaining on the DoT.
2. Cast Lava Lash whenever it is off cool down.
3. Cast Unleash Elements followed by Flame Shock. (Only when less than 6 seconds left on Flame Shock DoT)
4. Stormstrike
5. Lightning Bolt with 5x Maelstrom Weapon
6. Earth Strike (If long than 6 seconds left on Flame Shock DoT left)

Spirit Wolves and Blood Fury are alternating so can start off with Spirit Wolves than 1 min later pop Blood Fury then a min later Spirit Wolves again, and so on. Or depending on the fight I will activate Spirit Wolves just before a blood-lust or time-warp so the wolves also benefit from that. Or they can simply be saved for a period of the fight where I need to increase my damage output.

If everything is on CD I have the choice to use lightning bolt with only 3/4 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon to stop delaying the cast of it with 5 Maelstrom weapon because my high priority abilities are off CD.

I open a fight with Unleash Elements, Flame Shock, dropping your totems, Lava Lash. and then Stormstrike.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:43 am

Hello there... I will chuck in my 2 cents worth Razz

I'll say this much not a lot of people take kindly to critism when it comes to their character, I'm glad to see you have taken the pointers and changed for the better so far.
My main alt is an Enhancement Shaman and I can give some advice. A couple of things...

Your rotation is off by quite a bit, Enhancement doesn't have a set rotation at all, its all based on spell priority.

Storm Strike and Lava Lash with Searing Totem stacks are by far your hardest hitting abilities, so these abilities should be your highest prio. Your Mealstrom Wep x5 with Lightning Bolt, is next followed by Unleash Elements buff accompanied with Flame Shock. Unleash Elements if then off cooldown, then Earth Shock and Spirit Wolves.

There is a massive thread on Elitist Jerks (the link is here: EJ Enhancement Shaman Thread) Which goes through anything and everything about Enhancement.

Noxxic is also nice for simple advice on certain things and less complicating to follow: Noxxic - Enhancement Shaman Guide

Have a read through and get back to us.

Also you can make some fundemental changes to reforging on your gear to get the optimum stats avaible with your current gear.

Which can be found here > WoWReforge Set the stat weights at the bottom to:
Cap #1: <stat> Hit > exactly to > 1742
Cap #2: <stat> Exp > exactly to > 541

And hit optimise, you should see a massive improvement.

Cheers

//Ilion

Oh and btw, love the tit comment thrown back a Gash Smile Hes the biggest one of all
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:30 pm

FUCK OFF JEN.

a little bit more mate and we might get somewhere lol
Back to top Go down
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:35 am

Wow I've read through those thread and just wow. I didn't realise how much I was off with my priorities. I have changed that now along with using WoWReforge(This website is amazing!!) and have noticed a huge difference in my dps. I really appreciate this even if you decide I'm not good enough but you have really helped me.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:37 am

Check this. Your expertise is still way off, this will fix it to exactly what you need.
Back to top Go down
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:14 am

Is it? it's 26/26 because I have 2 one handed axes, which gives me an extra 3 so and my unleashed rage gives me an extra 8, and I used WoW reforge to calculate it. Also that link doesn't work? :S

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:20 am

The cap for racials is 461 exp, you currently have 672 + racial bonus
Back to top Go down
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 7:09 am

Oh I know why it's because I haven't logged out recently but I do have 26/26 expertise it's just armoury hasn't updated it yet, I'll relog and it will change.

Back to top Go down
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:01 pm

My expertise and shoulder enchants are all sorted now.
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Sorry for the late replay, weekends been kinds hectic Smile

Just on pure effort alone we are willing to offer a trial and see how you do Smile I like people who take advice!

Please /w me ingame.

Cheers,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]   Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn] Empty

Back to top Go down

Application - Enhancement Shaman [Withdrawn]
Page 1 of 1