The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paladin: Retribution/Protection [Accepted]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkP...

Paladin: Retribution/Protection [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Paladin: Retribution/Protection [Accepted]   Paladin: Retribution/Protection [Accepted] EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 am

- A. About You -

1. My name is Kostas, I am 19 years old and i come from Greece. I am currently studying at the Technical University of Serres (Greece).

2. Did i mention that i hate pressing the back button at the same tab that i am writing my application ? Smile

3. Thrall's Balls (Said by the NPC at the first battle in Vashj'ir, seriously it was the last thing i was expecting to hear).

4. Well i used to have 7-8k Posts in my previous game, so yeah i love forums.

5. No sadly i dont.

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

DarkParadise, Paladin, Sin'dorei (Blood Elf)
Armory Link:
Code:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/darkparadise/simple

1. Character Specs:
Main: Retribution
Off: Protection (I had holydin but i always loved to tank, so i decided for cata to switch to Protection, Although if we find other needs, i can do both)

2. What is your rotation for single target?
Well as you may know paladin dmg output is mainly based on what chance skill is going to trigger first. But basic rules are as follow:
I wait to get 3 holy power (either by trigger of mastery or by raising it normally) and i use Zealotry, then i pop inquistition(since zealotry doesnt consume 3 holy power anymore), after that when i ll have a free second of Global cooldown (believe me trying to consume mastery + art of war is making the GC a huge variable in paladins rotation) i ll open avenging wrath + my usable trinket, and spam hammers (6 sec cd) and during that also crusader strike + templars verdict, if i am unlucky and i dont get triggers during that, a simple rotation is like this:
zealotry -> inqui ->crusader strike->templars verdict ->avenging wrath->crusader strike->hammer of wrath->templars verdict->crusader strike (repeating till last crusader)

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?

Well i got to admit i am rusty, but i am a quick learner, i can answer that in week for sure Very Happy

4. What is your total time played on this character?

Started the game about 3 months ago. My current playtime is: 33 days. (Yeah i got a lot of time to spend i know).

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?

No.

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir?

999/1000 Exalted with almost all except kalu'ak. (but i think thats outdated).

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?

Yes as a player i first love to finish all my raids then you will find me on Battlegrounds, since i love both aspects of the game. (Make some arena team with other people that enjoy pvp too for our time outside raiding?)

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?

Well as i explained i am not long enough on a game (I know usually disadvantage if you write it on an app, but i like to be clear). I am the past month on EPD united, a friend told me to join there with him and that they will start on cata, but as it seems deathwing will first consume the world before they do Smile. Generally disapointed by the activity.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?

Progress, Fun, and to play the game the way it was meant to be played (sorry nvidia).

3. Why do you want to join this guild?

Well i am generally looking for a guild, and you are the one that is actively seeking retri paladins (as raid, and confirmed by an officer i talked), thats the main reason.

4. Have you applied to other guilds?

First application here, if it is rejected i consider writing another to another guild.

5. We will be doing some PvP rated BGs, is PvP something that interests you?

Well as i answer above since raiding is something that happens once per week (3-4 raid dungeons thats 12 hours total) the rest of the time you will find me killing some alliances.

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?

Well yes, and since vacation is comming i ll have a lot of time to read also the tacts for the new bosses of cata, After that we consider them done so you just need to buy potions Smile

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.

Well comming from a farming game, i would say i am used on farming raids everyday, but also as the name of the forum says i am an achievements whore so i like both.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility

WoTLK, well as i said i was pretty alone, so i used to lead Pug raids, I even killed LK with a 10man pug (Hell of a nightmare dont remind me).

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?

Trying to learn 10 greeks not to jump on defile like they jump on a trampoline during LK encounter.

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays 95% (well i am back from university at 8:00-8:20 max,due to road now at winter having snow etc, so i give it a 5% to miss a raid).
- Thursdays 100%
- Sundays 100%
- Mondays 100%

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?

Yeap the more you participate the more you deserve to be rewarded, thats obvious.

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it)

Well will be hard to find a raid now at cata. So i ll just explain my UI,

My UI is near to basic but very helpfull, the addons i use on raiding are : DBM,X-Perl Frames,Recount,quartz 3.

X-Perl i am using raid frames on the low next to my skillbar in this way i can notice the lifes without the need to take my eyes of the rotation. I also got activated targets target so i can watch who the boss is targeting (confirming the tank every time i need).

Recount setted to damage done, last fight almost all the time, And closed, when i need to check the numbers i just press a macro and it pops up (Thats a way to save some UI space since i am not a number whore, oh look i did 10009 dps you did 10008, as long as we both do enough its ok). Also i check sometimes the reason we wipe through log analysis of the recount data (But thats rare during an occassion we dont know why we wiped or we try to find out who did what mistake).

Quartz 3 was added at 4.0.1 so i can see the cast bar of the enemies low near my raid frames and use my interrupt (Rebuke).

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?

Engineering/Mining, Was maxed till 7/12 but now they are not 525 yet, will be done max till next week.

There is a small though of changing mining to jewelcrafting, for the extra gems, but i like mining ($$)
2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?

My engineering got all high end recipes like jeeves/moll-e so i can share them when needed.(I got them also crafting and using them)

Thanks, if you would like something more (Like my UI, or to see my gear of ICC tell me, because with cata i am chaning gear constantly).
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

Paladin: Retribution/Protection [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paladin: Retribution/Protection [Accepted]   Paladin: Retribution/Protection [Accepted] EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Hello and ty for your application Smile

For 33 days played you have achieved quite alot, in a shot amount of time Surprised As we are all busy racing to 85 would like you to get in as quickly as possible so you can get to know members before we start raiding.

Please /w me ingame.

Thanks,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk

Paladin: Retribution/Protection [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1