The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mage Application - Xrealm [Declined]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kinvo

Mage Application - Xrealm [Declined] Empty
PostSubject: Mage Application - Xrealm [Declined]   Mage Application - Xrealm [Declined] EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:51 pm

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
My name is Hadi, I'm 19 years old, I'm from the United Arab Emirates, Dubai.
I'm currently in my last year of university.

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
I have gnomes for breakfast.

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
FAIL

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?
Ofcourse, communication is the key to success after all.

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name, Class and Race: Valran, Mage, Troll
Armory Link:
Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zenedar&cn=Valran
If there is anything that isn't immidiately apparent on your link can you please state why.
Yes, I will soon be replacing 3 items, wrists, pants, and feet.
I'll be getting the Lady's Bracers, Leggings of Woven Death, and either Deathfrost or Sandals of consecration. By soon I mean within 3 days to 1 week.

1. Character Specs:
Main: 57/3/11
Off: 20/0/51 " Switching this to 18/53/0 "

2. What is your rotation for single target?
Arcane blast 4-6x --> Missle Barrage Proc.
For Fire, Living bomb --> scorch 5x --> Fireball spam along with Hot Streak proc and reapplying Living bomb while keeping scorch up.

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?
Yes I can play any spec as a mage. My gear supports arcane and almost fully supports fire, but with the 3 item improvements I stated, I will be switching to Fire as it produces more dps.

4. What is your total time played on this character?
53 days. I have 2 other mages. One I used to play on back in Pre-tbc and tbc he has 66 days, and the other during TBC only 33 days.
I had a level 70 alt, Paladin, 27 days played, lets just say this character exists but is not under my property Smile Account transferred it to a friend as I didn't really enjoy paladins much, I regret that though, after the buffs they got in Wotlk../drool

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
Yes I am

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir?
Exalted

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
Ofcourse, the game is not just about raiding, to be able to raid you have to be active outside raiding.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?
I've been in 4 guilds my entire 4-5 years of WoW.
Pre-tbc: "Penetration"
TBC: "Maven"
Wotlk: I honestly forgot the name of the guild here..it was Guardians of "insert name here" something like that.
"Vita-Luna"

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
Commitment throughout the ending of Wotlk and enthusiasm towards Cataclysm.

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
The main reason is Cataclysm really; I’m looking forward to the guild features. However clearing the ICC content would do no harm either.
As you can see I've been through 4 guilds only, I'm a very loyal and dedicated person towards the goals of my team.

4. Have you applied to other guilds?
No I haven't

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?
Yes I do.

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.
I like to think that I am a hardcore raider, I'm always giving my best, looking for the best options, tactics, strategies, and positioning.
As I said I was a raidleader so I know what it is like to setup raid compositions and I can understand the game from several point of views, not just a mage DPSing throughout the raid encounter.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility
Pre-tbc: "Penetration" Cleared AQ 20/40 never killed C'thun due to him having the bug back then. Cleared BWL and MC along with ZG. I was an officer in this guild. Guild disbanded after the Expansion hit.
TBC: "Maven" I cleared Karazhan/Gruul/SSC/TK/BT/MH and 3/6 Sunwell. I was a raidleader organizing raids throughout all those raids except Sunwell, that is where I applied to a semi-social rank in the guild as I was during my 2nd year of university which was really stressful. Guild disbanded after the Expansion hit.
Wotlk: Guardians of "xxx", didn't spend much time in it really, Cleared Naxx, Ulduar, however I NEVER killed General Vezax, was never lucky enough to be on a raid that did. ICC I only did 4/12 and a few tries on Festergut and Rotface. This was when ICC was first released, back in the first month or 2 of 2010. I quit after that since I had to focus on my studies and exams.
"Vita-Luna" I joined this guild a month ago, cleared up to 11/12 ICC 25 with them. They were a very very casual guild and I lost the lust for raiding because of them. I transferred to the realm "Zenedar" where I am now to meet up with IRL friends.

*ICC 25 Heroic: I know the tactics for Lord Marrowgar – Saurfang – Rotface – Festergut – Dreamwalker – Blood Prince Council – Blood Queen.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
Kael'Thas no doubt!! Before his nerf, the time between his phases and the health of the weapons and advisors..it was like a brick wall in progression really..I remember Vashj taking around 2 weeks of tries to kill, but Kael'Thas...almost a month and a half, somewhere around that, nevertheless killing him was an achievement, had to take off my headphones because the screams in vent were just making my ears explode Very Happy

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays 90%
- Thursdays 50%
- Sundays 90%
- Mondays90%

I put up 90% because on very rare occasions I will have to work late at night.
50% on Thursday because that is kind of my only day off the whole week.

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?
Yes, that is very fair, I've had nice experiences with EPGP, it rewards every player with respect to their effort.

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it)
Code:
http://img96.imageshack.us/f/wowscrnshot091410151540.jpg/

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?
Enchanting and Tailoring.
I only use them for my personal benefits to be honest.
However, as Cataclysm comes, I will be maxing them out, I'm eagerly waiting for guild achievements Smile

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
Unfortunately not in Wotlk. Again, come Cataclysm, I'm going Chinese farmer mode.

It's 3:48 AM where I am, I've reviewed the application 2 times I hope I don't have any mistakes anywhere Razz I also hope I haven't forgotten anything.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.
Back to top Go down

Mage Application - Xrealm [Declined] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Application - Xrealm [Declined]   Mage Application - Xrealm [Declined] EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:54 am

Hi, thanks for taking time to apply, it was a pleasure to read such a good app.

Unfortunately we have just taken on a mage in the last few days, and due to this reason we would struggle to fit you into a raid spot, so im going to have to decline this application.

Best of luck finding another guild, and please feel free to re-aply if our situation was to change in the near future.

All the best, and thanks
Back to top Go down

Mage Application - Xrealm [Declined]
Page 1 of 1