The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nolifé

Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted]   Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:16 am

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation: My name is Giel, I'm 17 years old. I'm from Holland and i am studying computer sience.

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself: Well... not really that much to tell. I love gaming.. especially World of Warcraft. I have been playing since vanilla and still love the game. I also play guitar in a band but it doesn't really mean a lot. I like being with friends playing games and having fun.

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head: omnom?

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others: All though i am not a very active forum poster I do check the forums I am interested in daily, and that would include the guild forum.

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them? I know Staafsak, he is a friend in real life and has always played WoW with me.

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name, Class and Race: Nolifé, Blood Elf Paladin
Armory Link:
Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&cn=Nolif%C3%A9
I noticed armory updates slowly after patch, also I am still figuring out the best way to enchant/gem my gear right now, checking websites like ElitistJerks daily.

1. Character Specs:
Main: Holy
Off: Retribution (Gear isn't great and haven't been focusing on it after patch 4)

2. What is your rotation for single target? Holy shock -> Divine Light -> FoL -> Holy shock -> Word of glory (although this varies depending on the proc's I get.)

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this? Yeah I am, but as I said earlier my gear isn't great. But I'm willing to grind it if necessary.

4. What is your total time played on this character? 84 Days

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer? No

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir? Exalted

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding? Yeah all though I don't PvP a lot, I love dungeons, questing and achievement farming.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave? I've been in Harx, but it disbanded. Then the only serious guild I have been in was Panda Mayhem but they weren't very mature during raids, so I stop raiding with them.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild? Mature and efficient raids, but also fun and a good chat.

3. Why do you want to join this guild? I hear very good stories, I am guildless, and I really want to raid.

4. Have you applied to other guilds? No

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes a lot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately? Yes I do, I can access WoW as much as I want during the day, even at school. I will always be ready for to raid.

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. I do not give up fast, I believe people can make mistakes and learn from them. I have done a lot of wiping back in the vanilla raids and MH/BT, and I learned I don't really mind and usually stay calm. To me farm content gets boring fast, which doesn't mean I won't do it for the guild, but I love a challenge more than a simple farm boss.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility Pre-BC I only did up to the tier 2 raids. In BC I cleared everything except for Sunwell, where I only did the 2 first bosses. In WoTLK I did every tier 7, 8 and 9 boss. In ICC10 I killed 11/12 and did some wiping on LK. In ICC25 the only bosses left are Putri, Queen, Sindra and LK.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why? Illidan, because I played tank back then and my job was to tank a sword. This was most challenging because it required ultimate focus, responses, communication and you had to keep and eye on everything that was going on at the same time.

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays 15%
- Thursdays 100%
- Sundays 100%
- Mondays 100%

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot? Yes I do, sacrifices should be rewarded.

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it)

Kinda hard for me as the patch screwed over every single add-on I had, but well here it is:

Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] Wowscrnshot101610165514

Currently I am using the standard raid interfaced because they are pretty good after the patch, and currently are much more stable than the add-ons that are available.
The other add-ons I use are:
DBM
Pallypower
Bartender
Atlasloot
Recount
Prat
Omen

I have used a lot more addons but I didn't think them worth installing after patch 4. I am however still looking for good addons on several websites.

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not? Herblism and Alchemy, for money and raiding.

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild? Not really, just the usual flasks.
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted]   Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 am

Hello and ty for your application.

JUst a couple of initial questions, your lack of HC progress both in 10 and 25 mans is a worry to me, and secondly you have pvp gear equipped and have no enchant on your headpiece along with no tier gear.

Can you explain this for us pls.

Thanks,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
Nolifé

PostSubject: ty   Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:31 am

Hello and thanks for the quick reply

The I've still got this PvP necklace equiped because I didn't get my old one back after I got hacked, and I've been unlucky to get one ever since.
The helmet enchant disappeared after patch 4, I am going to get a new one right away.

I understand the lack of HC experience worries you, but I know every HC fight in ICC, and I can easily adapt to new fights.
Hope this is enough :p

Nolifé

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted]   Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:36 am

Hey Nolife..

I defo vouch for this guy, hes my real life mate at first.

at second hes a experienced player. he knows what he is saying also he know alot about his class and ofcourse his role.

he likes to raid much, like i do.

hes a well talented guy.

i hope alot that he can join us as raider spot. if not, atleast as casual guy..

goodluck mate!
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted]   Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:01 am

It would be difficult for us to get you into 25man HC runs atm, we have adequate healers who we take that are geared for the HC encounters which unfortunately atm you are lacking.

Again, your experience with the boss fights worries me, I know its difficult to get experience when your not involved in raids but we are currently aiming to kill LK25HC before Cata and this means we need all raiders up to speed who know tacts. I don't have an issue inviting you as a member but you have to understand that raid spots are currently very limited. If you pester officers for invites for raids, it will only push back your spot even further.

If this is something that suits you please /w me ingame.

Thanks,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
Nolifé

PostSubject: ty   Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 am

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I understand you don't want me on your heroic raids, I do still want to join and I promise I'll keep a low profile. I just hope I can slowly blend in and of course rock when Cata hits.

I'll contact you in-game Smile

Nolifé
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted]   Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:25 pm

accepted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted]   Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted] Empty

Back to top Go down

Nolifé - Holy Paladin apply [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1