The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maratrux

Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:47 pm

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
Antonio, 17, Croatia and hi school.

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
i know lots of jokes lol

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
bananas

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?
ofc, i am always glad to help out others

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?
hmm, ludiaro, vanyla, we killed lk without the single wipe in a pug... maybe more, cant remember now

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name, Class and Race: Maratrux, Elemental shaman, Tauren
Armory Link:
*Please note armoury links for guests work as follows:*
[code.] insert link here [/code.] (Do not include the dots within the brackets)
If there is anything that isn't immidiately apparent on your link can you please state why.
im sry if i got something wrong, i didnt understand the note.

1. Character Specs:
Main:Elemental
Off:not yet decided, pvp elem or resto pve

2. What is your rotation for single target?
since the new patch, i start off with flame shock, lava burst, chain light (before i didnt use it, couse it dmges less, but now since its less cast time and it gives a chance for light shield charge...) light bolt, lava burst again whenever lava surge ticks, and earth shock when i get 9 stacks of light shield.

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?
currently no, i was resto, not bad tbh, but since icc i didnt get as much gear and didnt use it as much so i went pvp elem. im ok with pvp and do plan to go resto if the guild needs it.

4. What is your total time played on this character?
65 days

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
no, im on twilights hammer

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir?
exalted, good question i must add xD

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
ye, i play as much as i can

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?
the current one is only for fun, not raiding guild, i was in nonames that disbaned and in several more for some time, the dark realm for example wile ulduar was end game raid, but nothing was serious before nonames

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
to finally give me a place to call my own and ppl i can cooporate with as a great group... damn i miss that

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
its great in every way. organization, progress, fun... one good reason why i shouldnt? cant find it

4. Have you applied to other guilds?
i was declined from ninja dolphs couse they had 2 active shamys for every class, and probably the same reason every guild declines me, my school system... one week it ends at 14, one at 20, so i cant hlp out over the weekdays for one week... again i dont understand why is that this big of a problem to not even give a chance, couse the guild will ALWAYS know when they can or cannot count on me, so there are no surprises

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?
i think visiting the ah, studying for a boss and taking all thats needed doesnt take more then 30 minutes MAX if you need to learn tacks, but usually im rdy in 5 minutes...

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.
I like fun, but i dont tolerate mixing fun with retardesness... i like to talk alot to make the atmosphere better and make ppl laugh, but if its serious, its serious. i am not afraid to say, hey maybe we should try this or that, but if the leader says no i think this and this, you have that title for a reason and you lead us in the best way, thats what i think.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility
i like to get the important bosses down. as important i dont mean some are less important, i mean the important lore characters (arthas, old gods and so on) so i went to quite some old raids to study them. classic ones, i did all, tbc raids i did some i considered are important to get some fight mehanics.
and finally in wotlk i went to all raids, didnt expiriance much of ulduar i must add, i did get the bosses down on eather 25 or 10 man (not all, but those who i didnt, i studyed the tacks. RS i tried but ppl dont get those simple tacks and dont make many pugs...
as for my role, im dps, i must ensure the death of the enemy (that sounds way to... you know, but still) my job is to follow the lead, dmg as much as i can, STAY OUT OF FREAKING FIRE!! and simply dont fail on moving.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
lk is pretty impresive, since all have to know tacks... i was actually amazed how easy he was if all know what the hell theyre doing... but since it does require lots of focus and rly ALL to know what to do (which is rly the hardest part) think he is for now a formidable and worthy boss.

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays 50%
- Thursdays 50%
- Sundays 100%
- Mondays 50%
again i state, if i take 2 weeks, i can raid one week 4/4 other week only 1/4, please dont take this as a main reason for my apply, i will be a reserve player if you consider it unfair, but dont lose a good player for his rl retarded state politics... yes i do consider myself a good player

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it) i will edit it later on, as i sad, now its late so please have some understanding.

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?
LW and skin, they will prob be replaced with something more usefull in the future for cata, as they dont provide great things now...

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
not rly, LW dont have that much to give...
Back to top Go down
Maratrux

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:49 pm

im sry for armory, i understand what you ment
Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&cn=Maratrux
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:11 am

Thanks for the app, really well presented. Armory is being a bitch for me at the moment so i'll get back to you later on today.

Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:41 am

Few things

Gear is ok, but not great for our current Tier of raiding. Not sure if its an Armory bug but you seen to be below hit cap, any reason why?
Experience is a worry, we are currently on 11/12 HC and you havnt even got some normal 25 kills under your belt, how do you feel you will contribute to the raid with little to no experience in HC encounters?

We are looking at filling a ranged spot, and also have one of our current Elem shammies re-rolling in cata, so there is potentially a spot there, if we ran another farm week we could get your gear upto scrath in no time, but I think I need more from you to convince me you are the right person for us. Why should we take a risk with you, especially with your marginal raid times?
Back to top Go down
Maratrux

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:15 am

you gave me a good quest to fulfill. true, you cannot trust me just by my mare word, that would be stupid.
in order for me to show my full will to join you, i will do now a few things...
my hit cap is a bit lower then it should be, mostly because i changed now my hands and feet to mail since i benefit more from it in the latest patch. also i put in great amount of points in mastery to study it and made my decision on whats more useful. getting back to hit cap is no problem, expecially with reforging, so you dont have to worry about it, i will fix that right now in fact, when i enter the game.
now, as for the reason you should accept me...
i know that only 10 man lk kill is nothing, especially now, when cata is knocking on our door... i will give you a few things that i can prove, like my will and knowledge of the content.
as you may have seen on my achievs, i just got down professor with (finally) a good pug, it was one try kill, we also got down the council and stoped on blood queen which rly isnt that big of a problem. i do guarantee that i will not be the reason for your wipes in hc or normal mode, to show it, i can first start of with this... i will explain in details every boss on hc mode til lk, except maybe gunship... normal is not what you care about so...
that i can at least start with. i will use my words so you can at least be sure that im not copy pasting like a moron...
marrow is the most important to take down the spiked players, its most important to take them fast down when they are impaled on bonestorm. stay close to boss so you dont have to run around from the fire
lady is bit harder then normal and/or 10 man hc... not tauntable, and now tanks have harder times so we should take down the adds before dpsing her, in hc mode, running away from spirits is very important as they blow up for alot of dmg, they can be pre seen as blue waves sent from lady. the enrage shouldnt be a problem now.
skip gunship
deathbringer is a piece of cake if ppl understand it. the mobs MUST NOT get to you as they can easily kill you in 1 to 2 hit, spread is very important as he gains blood power fast.
feaster is constant moving for melee as well as range. professor throws malible goo on raid spot which gives you a nasty debuff... other than that, dps race and keeping the tank alive.
rotface, also easy, just keep away from his spit and spread couse of professors vile gas
professor... good news everyone, im the first real challenge! the plague is the tricky part here, just pass it to another after around 12 second. problem is the 2 slimes, but take them fast and run away, you should be ok. vent is rly helpful here, so pugs can hardly even dream of doing this
the council is only noticeable new thing shadow prison.. simply dont move alot or better sad stand good and your ok. flame orb is bit more important now since ofc it deals more dmg... also kinetics are now faster and lower to ground. all in all, focus were you stand
blood queen is as always healer problem for start. dmg is increased and hp, but not enrage time, so much more dpsing
valithria, problem is she loses hp, and quite some... dmg the adds fast, the same way as normal, again its more healer battle, but tanks have quite some problems on hc as well.
now the problem starts... sindragosa, as expected she deals more dmg with ever ability. the most important is the frost bolt in air phase as if you dont look it WILL one shot you, so thats were most ppl fail sadly... another important thing for us is the aoe dmg unst magic does to ppl in 12 yard range when it goes off... in p2 tanks have hard times mostly, and healers, keeping them up. its much harder to do then to explain so i cant rly prove anything like this
LK fight... damn... p1, only new thing is the shadow trap on a player, which will make black circles on the floor, get away and keep moving as they come more and more. must learn how to place them so you can move around without getting stuck in one. then til p2 normal, on p2, defile goes up 2 times faster, and valkyrs now drop on 50% but they stick around and become a pain in the ass... as in normal, in middle when valkyr comes, spread on defile.
transition phase again and then p3. everyone goes to frostmourne room, run away hugged together, and after you go out you will get defile right away, so thats a must be carefull. the rest is normal, get the vile spirits down (you will have more of them if you didnt get them in frostmourne room)
on 10% he dies, or you if you want it that way Razz
anyways... i put alot of effort in this, hope you will recognize it. the rest i can only demonstrate, not say. you can ask ludiaro and vanyla how well i did in 10 man mode for al least some more info (altho its not the same as 25 man, but the brain is still here).
i think i made my textuall point clear as much as i could, i rly want to show myself competent, but i cant unless you give me a chance.
i will look forward for your reply, and i thank you in front for your respect and understanding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Hey ,

Nice apply and nice answer on the last question was given to you Smile)

What stat did you choose to reforg to mastery and why ? I am realy curius on this , since ur hit is realy low and the rest of the stats - intelect , haste - are in a realy good way.

Was nice to replace the items to mail gear , but u choosed bad gemming imo. Why u gemmed that way since you need loads of hit ?Razz

My questions are not to judje but to see how you work on your stats and what its ur main prio to max up Smile)

Cheers Izera Smile
Back to top Go down
Maratrux

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 6:38 am

Please dont apologise, its a fair question. I mostly converted my crit chance to mastery and maybe few to max out my mastery, but then i had to change my hands (cloth ones with hit on gunship) to mail ones, and lost the precious hit, so thats the reason why its so low atm.
Back to top Go down
Maratrux

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 6:44 am

oww sry, didnt fully answere the q >.<
i have to be honest i didnt change the gems still, the glyphs were nuking on price so first i got them on all my characters, so now im going to change them all. oww theres a mistake in my last msg, i ment (since i got mass crit as elem) i changed crit to mastery (and get used to cata, crit will go way down Razz) and few to haste to max it out, but then i had to change hands. sry for that
as for whats prio, sp, or int now is along with haste the stat you wanna upgrade as much as you can, but ofc after you get the right amount of hit since its useless to cast 10 light bolts in 5 sec when you hit with half of them Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:17 am

Hey,

Crit and Hit is the only important stats that we need to keep up for cata as long as it comes to pve. That means Hit shud me maxed and Crit shud stay as much as possible, since its the only beneficial stats that remained in elem shamans.

So what i wanna say is , you shud max up ur hit and crit in order to have a good dps in the fights. To acomplish that you shud change ur reforging and gemming :
- Gemming : Try to max up the hit, replacing your haste gems into hit ones.
- Reforging : NEVER reforge your crit into something. When your gear will be better you ll have so much hit that will be the first stat you will have in mind to reforge into mastery. For now tho, you seem to have quite a lot haste which means you can change ur reforging to Haste into Mastery, but do not overdone it. You dont have to reforge all your items to max up mastery Smile)

I guess if you folow some of those tips, your stats will be suitable to raid in that kind of progress we got in Icc + some upgrades on tiers and more hc items Smile)

Oh and I wud realy change that talent tree :PP You dont need points into earthgrasp, so you can spare those 2 talent points into convection or reveberation Razz

Best of luck from me with your apply. If you have any questions about how to improve ur stats or anything you can ask ofc.

Cheers Izera

PS. +1 from me, he knows how to deal with his char Smile)
Back to top Go down
Maratrux

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:01 am

Wow amm... thank you. Thank you so much for all the amazing tips. I tought sacrificing crit is more efficiant since everyone wants haste haste haste, and since crit is getting mass nerf in cata, so get used to it before... Hehe Razz i never had anyone to ask for shamy tips tbh except the internet which is never accurate...
About the talents i do have a question. Is it usefull to use earth shock every time when possible or save up to 9 stacks? I ask this couse of talents, shamys never need mana Razz thunderstorm ftw, and if this question of mine is w8 up til 9 stacks, then we dont honestly need it that much. And earthbind totem is usefull in quite a few situations, LK included.
P.S. Your comment on me knowing what im doing... If i know then what are you, a megaexpert lol. Just saw now how wrong i was looking at things
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:11 pm

lol nope i am not megaexpert.. i do mistakes too. I was in ur place once applying for a guild and a friend helped me to know my class better with tips and everything.

Joining on not joining " The council" doesnt mean i cant help or say some tips.

Anyway about your question,

I mostly use ES when i have 8-9 shields and when i have clearcasting ... always does around 35k dmg. Earthgraps is not usefull imo , since if you have hunter on the raid it does all the work for you. Better to have 1 sec less on cd of your shocks than a grasp which is not useful. Smile)

( When mastery is high enough -- cata means , you will proc shields faster i think , so you need that cd clear)

Shammans will need mana soon :PPP

PS. I didnt mean to offend you with my ps on the last post, just mentioned the reason for the +1.

Cheers Izera
Back to top Go down
Maratrux

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:40 am

well i changed some things, hit is quite good now
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:49 am

This is primarily to see whether we can gage if a applicant has the potential and the right attitude to go far everything else can be taught and ammended if necessary, pointers ofc can be given but please don't rip the guy apart, we have mentioned this before...

With Cata approaching I'm really looking to people with potential here. With the amount of effort you have given us into your application I am willing to grant you a trail to see how you do. You must understand though that spots at times can be very tight and as a trial you don't have prio on spots seeing as we are currently working towards a LK25HC down.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
Maratrux

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:29 am

oww gee, thank you so much Smile
i agree on the trial spot, and i have no problems at all with being left out (so to speak) on raids.
im rdy to join when you are rdy to inv me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]   Elemental Shaman application [Accepted] Empty

Back to top Go down

Elemental Shaman application [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1