The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MM Hunter Application [Accepted]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thrr

MM Hunter Application [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: MM Hunter Application [Accepted]   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:13 pm

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
Hi

My name is Brent I am and from South Africa and am still at school

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself

I enjoy motocross and enduro

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?

I spend time reading up things about my class and raids which could be of use.

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?

I only know bettsie

Character Name, Class and Race:

Whitebush
Hunter MM
Orc

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Whitebush/advanced

2. What is your rotation for single target?

My rotation is simple,but sufficient I get all my information from Noxxic and Elitist jerks

4. What is your total time played on this character?

I have been playing almost a year now.

6. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?

No

7. What is your reputation with Therazane?

Exalted

8. Do you play actively outside of raiding?

Yes I do

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?

Pap en vleis
Enforcers
Horde Spartans
Stains
Banned

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?

I would just be happy to be in a raid team

3. Why do you want to join this guild?

I would like to make further raid progress as a guild

4. Have you applied to other guilds?

Awhile ago i did for Neverdiez

5. We will be doing some PvP rated BGs, is PvP something that interests you?

Yes it is I have alot of ruthless gear and would like to do RBG

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?

Yes I will always be online to be prepaired long before the raid

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content

I dont raid for myself that is why i dont like to pug. I enjoy being part of a team so wipes is really not a problem for me. I will always give of my best for the guild.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? and current content? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility

I have done a few of the instances before cata. I have done uldaer 10 and 25 man. I have raidlead a few FL pugs and got 4/7 pre nerf.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?

I think it would be ragnaros the first time as i was one of the only dps alive and had to solo all the meteors and DPS the boss and it was my first time on Rag.

5. (For DPS) There is a group of 6 mobs with clear instructions of a killing order plus some CC's. Do you:

C

6. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)

I can raid 100% all of those days

7. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?

It could work as motivation for the team so I cant complain.

8. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible.

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/824/wowscrnshot111011012200.jpg/

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?

Mining and jewelcrafting. i am busy on JC now because i feel I can benefit from the gems.

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?

My bank is full of recipes.

I hope my application is of standard and hope to have a chance to raid with The Council

Back to top Go down
thr

PostSubject: MM Hunter Application   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:49 pm

sorry was messing around with trinkets here is proper armory link

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Whitebush/advanced
Back to top Go down
Wolfcan

PostSubject: Re: MM Hunter Application [Accepted]   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:40 am

One thing after just checking it out fast:

Your reforging is strange, pls explain why you reforge to crit....I thought hunters was hit (to cap)-->Haste/mastery-->crit?
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: MM Hunter Application [Accepted]   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:27 am

Trultz wrote:
One thing after just checking it out fast:

Your reforging is strange, pls explain why you reforge to crit....I thought hunters was hit (to cap)-->Haste/mastery-->crit?

Actually Trulz, for Marskman when your at the hit cap you should reforge all following hit and mastery into a balance of crit and haste,unless you were switching back to SV from time to time, in which case you would reforge differently, however he has way too much crit at the moment and not enough haste, this certainly needs to be balanced out.

Otherwise the app seems pretty much like you wrote it in 5mins, simple answers, no details given, no reason why you left your last guilds.

Frankly I would like to see more substance before even taking this app seriosuly.
Back to top Go down
thr

PostSubject: MM Hunter Application   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:24 am

I do apologise if my application is not up to standard, but i did indeed put effort into it.

I do play alot out of raiding. My hunter is my main, but i do have a resto druid and a blood Dk ofcourse my hunter is priority! Smile
So I do play alot and will be online for when you need me.

Every hunter will tell you that a MM hunter is nothing without crit.

Agility > 8% Ranged Hit > Crit => Haste => Mastery

My hit cap is a perfect 8% putting everyother point to good use and is not being wasted.
I do not play survival. I have both MM specs for PVE and PVP.
I spend alot of time reading about my class and every site I read about a MM hunter 4.2 tells me this exact same reforge stat.

Crit
Increases the chance for all of your damage sources to critically hit for 200%+ more damage. This is the most effective secondary stat once you are at 8% ranged hit.

Haste
Decreases cast time for abilities such as Steady Shot, causes you to shoot faster, and increases focus regeneration speeds.

Mastery
Grants a chance for your ranged attacks to also instantly fire an additional ranged shot. This is mostly effective in AoE encounters where it can proc off of Multi-Shot.

I am sure that my reforges are perfect according to this

The only guild i was previously raidng with was Enforcers. It was a good guild for me when we started raiding FL as a guild, but things after awhile things were not the same so I left.I Did do a full clear with Horde Spartans, but I could not understand there language, but they did indeed help me with my class. My curren HC progress is 1/7, but i have experience in all the fights exept RagnarosHC.

I hope i have cleared up everything and I really do apologise if i put together a bad application.
Back to top Go down
Duni

Duni

PostSubject: Re: MM Hunter Application [Accepted]   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:38 am

Good luck with your application.
Going to school means you are of...
A. 1-58 lvl zone
B. 58-70 lvl zone
C. 70-80 lvl zone
D. 80-85 lvl zone
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: MM Hunter Application [Accepted]   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:49 am

Yes crit is good for marksman, but as you progress into firelands it is worthwhile to balance with haste so you can use Aimed Shot as your focus dump, with raid buffs and trinket procs you average haste level needs to be around 12.93% pushing the guidline cast time of Aime Shot down to 1.8 (1235 being the soft cap)

This is a dps increase but requires an old skool style of play where you are casting rather than moving and shooting.

We have a number of people in the guild who push to max every little bit of DPS they can, this includes stepping away from the average builds that every hunter in the world uses because they are easy to a more technicaly challenging build for that little more DPS.

We are not saying you are wrong, we just want to know why you would settle for average instead of the best, and what your thoughts are...

so with that in mind can you give me your thoughts on the following marksman builds:

Haste cap build
Mastery Build
Crit build

Back to top Go down
thr

PostSubject: MM Hunter Application   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:14 am

I have tried all those builds. I tried the haste build a few times but i have never been able to get my aimed shot cast time to 1.8 secs because if i could i would definitly be useing it although i could make a few changes and fit in a new rotation.
Back to top Go down
thr

PostSubject: MM Hunter Application   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:36 am

At the moment with my gear level it will really be a bad idea for me to go for a haste build. with alot of heroic gear it will increase dps and with the two best hunter trinkets hungerer and matrix restabilizer a haste build will be good. you will also have more agility then from you heroic gear to sacrifice crit into without it making a loss to your dps. with all this you will have your 1.8 sec aimed shot cast time. Also if you cant get 2200 haste it is a waste for a hunter to go for the haste build.
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: MM Hunter Application [Accepted]   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:39 am

Good answer, took a while to get it out of you but good all the same

you have my vote
+1
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: MM Hunter Application [Accepted]   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:00 am

You've passed the grilling test Razz

Please don't take comments to heart, we are trying to get to know you as a player, person and untimately help where we can through our own experience and knowledge.

Please /w me ingame this evening. You may meanwhile register on the forums.

Cheers,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: MM Hunter Application [Accepted]   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 am

+1 fro coming up with the answers.

It's all about min/maxing your character doing your own math and seeing what works out best to get every last point of damage, providing you don't stray to far away from the mark were it becomes detrimental to your build.

there may be others who want to ask you some questions but i think your worth a trial.

GL

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MM Hunter Application [Accepted]   MM Hunter Application [Accepted] Empty

Back to top Go down

MM Hunter Application [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1