The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NancyB

Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:51 am

- A. About You -

Name: Lewis Hamilton

Interesting fact: I used to play the drums in a small local band.

First silly word: Wank xD.

Will you share information with others and help? I love to help others with whatever they need. I generally do it in my current guild without being asked.

Do you know anyone in the guild? I don't I am afraid.

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name: Nancybonanza
Class: Druid
Race: Tauren

Armory Link: It won't let me post it sorry. But it is Nancybonanza on Azuremyst. Smile
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/azuremyst/Nancybonanza/advanced

1. Character Specs:
Main: Feral DPS
Off: Balance however I think it is currently Bear Tanking.

2. What is your rotation for single target? Mangle>Shred>Tigers Fury>Rip (at 5 combo points)>Rake>Savage Roar> Shred (for extra combo points)> Rip (if the DoT will fall off soon otherwise I use Ferocious Bite)

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this? Yes, I can play Balance reasonably well and I also have 378 head from Beth'tilac. And 359 shoulders from Omnitron. The rest of my Balance gear is good except I think I still need Valor legs which I can almost get.

4. What is your total time played on this character? 30 days on my Druid and another 60+ on my inactive Paladin.

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer? Yes, I am coming from the realm Azuremyst if I get accepted Smile.

6. What is your reputation with Therazane? My reputation with Therazane is Hated as I have no need to get the enchant because I get a better one from having high level Inscription.

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding? Yes, I am generally on most of the time doing various quests, dungeons or just flying around Orgrimmar.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave? I am currently in The Mootang Clan. I wish to leave them as I feel as though our progression on normal Ragnaros is not as good as it should be with the group we have.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild? I expect a fun, kind guild with lot's of active people as well as a good Guild chat or a well used Ventrillo/Teamspeak. I also expect good people who know both the game and their classes thoroughly.

3. Why do you want to join this guild? Because I saw your guild recruitment post on lookingforguild.net and your guild immediately struck me as a kind but also progressive guild.

4. Have you applied to other guilds? I have applied to Luce on Draenor however I can drop my application there if I get accepted here.

5. We will be doing some PvP rated BGs, is PvP something that interests you? PvP interests me although I do not have much gear. I like to participate in Arena sometimes however BGs scare me somewhat.

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately? I do as I believe that without good preparation, a raid can easily fail or we can end up spending another half an hour preparing for a raid when we should have already began.

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. You can expect a keen raider that will always push his DPS to the limits on any attempt no matter how many attempts we do. I will work hard on progression and enjoy farming older raids for others to get gear or to get further gear for my Off-Spec.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? and current content? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility. I joined in WoTLK and raided a little bit on my Paladin, doing various ToCs and Naxx. At the end of Wrath, I had only achieved 4/12 in ICC as I wasn't too into raiding then. I have now achieved 12/12 normal in Tier 11 and 6/7 normal in Firelands.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why? The most challenging encounter for me would probably be pre-nerf Maloriak which I attempted on my Paladin. This was also a very fun thing for me as it allowed me to be at the current level of raiding at the time.

5. (For DPS) There is a group of 6 mobs with clear instructions of a killing order plus some CC's. Do you:
a) Run around screaming.
b) AoE the shit out of everything.
c) Kill in the order given.
d) Pick your nose and go afk.

I kill in the order given xD. And then I laugh and watch the other people AoEing like mad. Very Happy

6. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays 100%
- Thursdays 100%
- Sundays 100%
- Mondays 100%

I am free all of those days 100% Smile

7. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot? I think this is a fair way of distributing loot evenly and to those who deserve it.

8. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it, please use the links in the above post to help you)

.Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] Stonecoreui

I hope you can see this clearly. You can zoom in by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right of the picture Smile

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not? My two professions are Inscription and Herbalism which are both maxed.

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild? Unfortunately not sorry.

Last edited by Ilion on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added armoury link)
Back to top Go down
Wolfcan

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:23 am

A couple of things at the top of my head:

1. Why no feet enchant?
2. Why not hit and exp capped?
3. Why not put up Savage Roar before Rip?
Back to top Go down
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:30 am

Hi there Smile

The reason I don't have a feet enchant is mainly because I recently got the boots and forgot to enchant them. I will enchant them as soon as I can however Smile

The reason I am not hit/expertise capped is because I read that all of the secondary stats are equal for Feral DPS. Therefore I went without being hit capped as when one of our abilities misses we are refunded 80% of the energy used I believe. However, I can test my DPS whilst hit capped to see if there is an increase.

This is from elitistjerks, "This latest patch has brought all of the secondary stats quite close to each other. To my knowledge gearing setups that focus on haste, mastery, hit/exp cap, and balanced distributions all appear in simulations to be very similar in overall dps."

Also, I read that we should use Savage Roar after applying rip as seen in the following rotation on elitistjerks.

1. Keep up Feral Faerie Fire if there's no other armor debuff
2. Keep up Mangle
3. Use Tiger's Fury on cooldown
4. Use Berserk on cooldown
5. Keep up a 5CP Rip (including refreshing with Ferocious Bite below 25% boss health)
6. Keep up Rake
7. Keep up Savage Roar
8. Feral Charge -> Ravage if your FC cooldown is up
9. Shred for combo points

I could try it with using Savage Roar before Rip as in theory it should increase DPS.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Wolfcan

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 am

I have also read the same offcourse, but wasnt satisfied with that.....so I searched more to find answers. There are alot of posts out there that says both things....some say balance, some say go for cap. But ppl who done testing say go for cap.....and some math say that if you miss and get focus back, is still a miss. Yes you can redo your hit with the focus gain, but still a dps loss of a second.

Savage Roar vs Rip, guess its a personal thing.

Find one error in your rotation and you got my vote:

Mangle>Shred>Tigers Fury>Rip (at 5 combo points)>Rake>Savage Roar> Shred (for extra combo points)> Rip (if the DoT will fall off soon otherwise I use Ferocious Bite)
Back to top Go down
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:47 am

Thank you for the help. I will take into account what you have said and really work on it.

Also what did you mean by the last bit of your post? Do you want me to find something wrong with my rotation?
Back to top Go down
Wolfcan

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:50 am

Yes, there is a logical flaw in your rotation Wink
Back to top Go down
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:00 am

Hmm, I'm not sure. Is it that I haven't included Berserk, because I use that after Tiger's Fury unless I am timing it with TW/BL. Is it because I am using Savage Roar at 1 combo point? Because that's how I do it so it times in with the next rake. I'm really not sure, I thought what I was doing was right..
Back to top Go down
Wolfcan

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:04 am

Just a minor glinch (and its my imo, and some others.....)

When you go for a boss, you want to positioned behind it....but to get stabilizied behind it you have to move etc....why not add your dots while you do that??

Rake-->Mangle-->Shred

Offcourse jump-->Ravage if possible first...but to get in position you want to make the fu***** bleed meanwhile....so Rake, then mangle and then shred that benefits from mangle.

If you do your rotation, you have to be behind boss before you start dps.....lost seconds is lost dps.

PS. Hit/Exp...if you miss a dot (mangle/rake) you need to redo the skill = lost seocnd is lost dps Wink

you got half my vote for good attitude, but then again I dont have shit to say here:D Just like to troll Razz
Back to top Go down
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:05 am

Or perhaps it is because I have not included Feral Charge into my rotation, In which case, I do use it when it is off cooldown however I did not include it in the rotation I wrote.
Back to top Go down
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:09 am

Ah OK, I had never thought about that. Thank you though, I will start like this in the future Smile And also, thank you for your vote. Also my gems are a tad off at the moment as they are still haste. I used to use a haste style approach but recently changed to crit.
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:38 am

Decent app, understands the class & uses EJ

There is a minor dps increase by reaching special cap and exp, but it is so minor that generally it is ignored, however if you do wish to min/max then a slight dps increase hitting the caps is a dps increase, and might be worth working towards.

+1 from me, worth a trial in any case
Back to top Go down
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 am

Thanks Niknaks for the advice and the vote Smile
Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:47 am

Hello and ty for the application.

My experience of kitty DPS is limited but here is what I understand. Althougth kitty stats atm are more or less equal I would reforge crit to hit on any item that didnt already have hit to reach the cap of 8%, then once reached reforge any remaining crit to expertise. Once out of crit, reforge haste. Once expertise and hit are reached reforge to mastery. Mastery is benifical to increase your bleed dmg.

A miss is a miss, time consuming ability consuming and ultimately a loss of dps either way, personally I'd cap regardless.

Never ever gem pure hit if you have availible blue slots with a 20+ socket bonus use Gliniting Demoneyes (+20Agi, +20Hit) Stack agility as much as possible and use either Deft Ember Topaz (+20Agi,+20Haste) or Adept Ember Topaz (+20Agi, +20Mastery).

http://www.noxxic.com/pve/druid/feral-cat is another very good site if you haven't come across it. Very imformative.

I will ask one of our members later to come by and look aswell Smile Sorry for the grilling you got by Trulz hes a nub, but always has good intentions! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks for the advice Ilion. I generally just gem +40 Agility regardless of the colour as they give me more Agility most of the time than using the socket bonus. The only exception to this is when I have used the purple gem in my head as if I follow the socket bonus I actually get +50 Agility. I believe that my legs are incorrectly gemmed at the moment but I will change to +40 Agility and I will take into account what you have said about reforging.

And no worries about the grilling Razz

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 am

And are you really called Lewis Hamilton?
Back to top Go down
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:50 am

Unfortunately so.. but I don't drive a car xD
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:58 am

+2 from me haha Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: my 20 pence   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:13 pm

First of all +1 from me as your called Lewis Hamilton.

Overall the application is pretty solid, i can see you have took in what everyone else has said in regards to missing enchants as they are now enchanted. its also nice to see someone put the effort in on a app.

Defiantly go for the hit cap if you miss a 30-40k shred that's still 30-40 missing damage and yea you will get the energy back but you will loose a gcd.

Little thing about gems i would be inclined to go for 20+ agility slot bonuses, 2 agi mastery gems, just make sure you have more mastery when you get the rag trinket !!

Your definitely worth a trial lets see what you got kid.

cheers

Matt

Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Really nice to see someone who takes constructive critisim and sorts their character so quickly.

Would love to give you a trial spot to see what you have to offer us.

Welcome to the hell house Smile

/w me once youve transfered.

Cheers,

//Ilion
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Thank you Gashpot, nice name btw xD. Also, I appreciate the advice. I have never thought about how handy Hit can be for me and have just discarded it but will see what DPS I can pull as I am currently in Firelands. It really means a lot to see this many people helping me out and I would love to join and raid amongst you whilst having some good chit chat.

Nancy Smile
Back to top Go down
NancyB

PostSubject: Reply to last post.   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Thank you Ilion for allowing me to take a spot Smile

I think I will be transfering reasonably soon so I will whisper you in-game or proceed to post on the forums.

I am truely excited to see what your guild has in store for me ^^

Nancy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]   Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted] Empty

Back to top Go down

Feral DPS Application - Nancybonanza [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1