The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miizery

Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] Empty
PostSubject: Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]   Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:35 pm

- A. About You -

Firstly i would like to say i had a chat with Nosforato about applying and what you need, he said to apply with both chars but did not indicate which specs are preferred. I have no problem to play any spec or char you choose. If you have any questions i will answer them on this post, i put down everything i can think of for both but i may have missed something you needed to know.

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
Clautell, 24, South Africa, Personal assistant within a legal company.

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
I love the colour purple (and no its not a reference to gear quality!) and i love having fun and talking about absolute nonsense. Other than that im a typical girl, lots of blonde moments... and the most random crap happens to me within this game and in life. I have a boyfriend that currently lives in the UK and i will be moving there in a couple of months. So the above info will change! Now that i look at it, its not that interesting, im just a real nerd. Oh and im new on this server, been here about 4 months if im correct, transferred from Hellfire, the realm was dying so i came here only because my sister plays on this realm. Other than that i dont know anyone here.

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
Pikachu <3

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?
Yeah if i want an answer to a question i have i go read tons of forums, opinions and posts by other people who experienced a similiar problem or idea and sometimes i get so swept up into it i spend hours looking it up. I love researching so when i want to know, i find out. I dont just sit there thinking meh it will come to me in time. I also ask around from other people to get different opinions. I believe the specs, playstyles etc is not all 100% set in stone and varies from person to person, and in alot of cases it works better for some people if they change a stat or a talent, its how its used and the end result im interested in.

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?
Well i kinda know Baleroc, who i found out is Nosforato. Not very well, but ive pugged FL with him on his alt with my priest. There were also a few other alts in the raid but i cant remember the names. I do remember they were all very pleasant.

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name, Class and Race:
Mìzery Paladin Bloodelf - Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/M%C3%ACzery/advanced
Vìolet Priest Bloodelf - Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/V%C3%AColet/advanced

If there is anything that isn't immidiately apparent on your link can you please state why.
Yeah on my priest, i have not gained the reputation on her for the shoulder enchant, if you do prefer me playing the priest i will get that sorted immediately.

1. Character Specs:
Main:Paladin - its a long story really, ive played prot, holy and ret as mainspecs with any of them as offspecs over a period of 4-5 years since Burning Crusade throughout all the raid content. At the moment prot would be the main spec as my gear is better in that spec. But i can play any of the specs as preferred as mainspec. Prot ilvl: 382, Ret ilvl: 379, Holy ilvl: 374. SO your choice really.

Priest - Discipline: 375 ilvl.
Off: I have not yet decided which offspec i want, as ive played holy and shadow as mainspecs before in previous expansions and im still trying out the specs. But if there is a prefered spec i will take that on.

2. What is your rotation for single target? Paladin - Prot: Avenger's shield, Crusader strike, Consecration (while the cd finishes on CS), Crusader strike, Holy wrath (again cd on CS), Crusader strike, Shield of the righteous. Also if Avenger's shield proc's and reset's the cd i use that and if that triggers another holy power charge i will use Shield of the righteous as the charges fill up. Obviously if its a tank switching encounter i stop using any special abilities for the first few seconds after the taunt from the other tank until they have complete aggro. Defense cd's are used as needed depending on the damage output of the boss/mob at that point, healer's challenges (debuffs or disorients or heavy damage on the raid etc). I always keep an eye on health and mana bars of the rest of the raid and the situation of the encounter and use my cd's in accordance.

Paladin ret - Judgement, Crusader strike, Consecration, Crusader strike, Holy wrath, Crusader strike, until 3 charges of holy power, then my cd's macro's and high damaging abilities = Inquisition, Zealotry, Avenging wrath (Wings), Essence of Eternal Flame (FL rep trinket) and Guardian of ancient kings. If my 3 charges of holy power proc's sooner i dont complete the whole rotation at the start and go straight to using my cd's and continue with the rotation inbetween the 3 charge procs. I use my cd's every time they reset in encounters with bosses who are mainly tank and spank or time them for encounters that have many phases and tricks, depending on the encounter and the boss's abilities, nuke phases, adds that need to go down quick etc.

As for the priest i have not recently played shadow and will need to look it up and find the best way first before i can state how i would play it. I played a shadow priest mainly (with a holy offspec) during ICC normal and heroic content, gave the pally a rest. So i have played the spec before but will need to spend a little more time on it which i havent done before this application.

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?
Yes, i can play any of the three specs / roles in raids. I have 3 full sets of gear that are all enchanted, gemmed and reforged as they should be. Im not sure which set my armory would show and which your interested in seeing, but i can log my character and model them all for you :p

On my priest as stated above i used to be able to play the other specs but with recent changes i cant confidently say im up to speed. I also have not completely perfected my shadow gear's enchants and gems. If given time and i need to play the spec i will get it ready in a day or two.

4. What is your total time played on this character?
Paladin - 224 days 7 hours 38 minutes 29 seconds (wow im ashamed really lol)
Priest - 51 days 4 hours 3 minutes 21 seconds

5. Do you have a link availible to World of Logs?
Im afraid i dont, ive unfortunately not used that addon.

6. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
No

7. What is your reputation with Therazane?
Paladin - Exalted
Priest - Hated, Like i said i will work on that asap! I did not really level her with questing as she is an alt.

8. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
Yes, im a real nerd im always online doing something or other. I have 2 85 paladins, 1 70 paladin, 1 85 mage, 1 70 mage, 1 85 druid, 1 85 dk, 1 85 hunter, 1 85 priest and tons of alts between 20 and 60.
Yeah i know.. why 3 paladins.. i just love the class and i leveled them all to try different things, learn different specs from low levels, see how different proff's benefit the class etc. I've spent alot of time doing all random things. I recently tried to get that Frostbitten achievement, sadly im still missing 3 but if im not raiding, im definately doing something.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?
Im not sure if you want my Hellfire history, but here it is:
I joined a guild called Army of Darkness when i was still a little huntard (first char i made, rerolled to pally not long after) and spent my first raid experiences there as a holy pally for close to 2 years doing everything from Karazhan to Black Temple with them. Sadly they werent the greatest at that point so we never cleared Black Temple and i never set foot in Sunwell Plateu. About a month before Wotlk came out problems arose in the guild, people quit and left and even the GM gave up so sadly i had to say goodbye. They got back together again with new leadership to which i rejoined for a brief period but it was not the same.

I then joined a guild called A Neccesary Evil, one of Hellfire's top horde guilds, this was a week before wotlk hit and i started the new expansion with them, within a week or two of becoming 80 i had cleared all the raids at the time, Naxx, Malygos, Sartharion. The problem was that they were way too hardcore and spent all night raiding well into the early mornings going on 7 hours + and i could not keep that up, so i left for a guild that raided less.

I joined a very well progressed, but not so hardcore guild called Spearmint Kodo but i was not there for very long, they also ended up disbanding in the end.

I joined a guild called Operation Exploration after being guildless for a long time, im very picky about guilds and id rather remain without one if i dont know someone in it or have experienced the people. This was a less serious guild of a friend of mine so kind of ended up there by default, but none the less the time spent there was fun even if it was slow progress. This was during the Ulduar part of the game, we didnt get very far and cleared TogC with them, to which they decided to transfer off the realm a few weeks before ICC was released. So guildless again.

A few months after ICC was released me and my boyfriend made our own guild which ended up going strong for a year and a half, we started progressing ICC quite long after the release but we ended up with 11/12 hc in 10 man and i think 10/12 25man during the time we were a 25man guild. We lost alot of people that took the free char migration off Hellfire to Mazrigos, but we continued as a 10man afterwards and into the Cataclysm. A few months ago our players became inactive and had raid attendance problems and with the realm being so very dead on the horde side we decided to call it and transfer to this realm (which we did once before on alts to check it out a year or so ago).

Here we ended up in Caliber and been in there till wednesday when patch 4.3 released. I had a disagreement with the gm to which i admittedly responded badly, as i told him he is unpleasant to talk to, as a result of him attacking me about the fact that i did not have the patch downloaded yet, but there was nothing i could about it so i could not attend the raid, the content wasnt fully downloaded. He then suggested we find ourselves a new guild. Quite clearly being told im no longer welcome i left. The vibe within that guild is also not quite what im looking for and i have been unhappy there for a while, but i stayed as i knew no one else on the realm.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
Common decency, friendlyness, fun times and over all a team i can play with knowing they will support me instead of insult me, who i will in return do the same for.

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
Well as i said before i did a pug with Baleroc and a few other alts, i liked the people they were friendly and i feel i can easily fit in with them. They looked like a good team of friends who liked playing together and i felt they were very nice to people outside the guild as well.

4. Have you applied to other guilds?
No, ive been guildless almost a week and didnt really know what to do tbh. Then i remembered the day i pugged with a few of your members and decided to apply here.

5. We will be doing some PvP rated BGs, is PvP something that interests you?
To be very honest im a silly pve'er but somehow got dragged into the pvp scene by my boyfriend who is a 2.650 rated player and he lives mostly for arena. I did some 2v2 in the past and got to 2.1k but that was in season 6,7,8. I started in season 9 but stopped again a few weeks into it and from there did a few rated bg's and only got my rating to about 1600.

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?
Yes, i play every night and have alot of spare time on the game to do this.

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.
Im a 99% attendance raider, i miss raids only if there is something i really cant do anything about in real life. But that is a very rare occurance, if at all. I will be there every week, on time, prepared with flasks and food buffs if the guild does not provide them, im an alchemist and i have cooking so its not a problem. I like raiding therefore i will always be there, new bosses are challenging and learning the fight may take some time but im willing to put in that time to progress along with fellow guildies. Once a boss is on farm i will still be keen to raid every week as i always have done, even if there is no more loot for me to gain from it. I generally just like raiding Smile

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? and current content? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility
Ive stated it in the previous guilds part but here it goes again:
BC: Karazhan - cleared, ZA - cleared, SSC - cleared, TK all but kael'thas, MH - cleared, BT - 4/9, Sunwell - none.
Wotlk: Naxx cleared, Malygos - cleared, sartharion - cleared, Ulduar - about 5 of them, i was a little inactive during this part of the game, TogC - cleared, ICC - cleared normal, 11/12 hc 10man.
Cata: TotFW - cleared, BWD - cleared, BoT - cleared (none on heroic), FL - cleared normal, 5/6 heroic - all except Beth'tilac and Ragnaros. DS - have not done it yet as i left my guild the day it got released. I have done the first 4 with the raid finder but i sincerely dont think that counts.

In BC i was just a normal raider and healed all the encounters, before dualspecs came out i hardly respecced and raided with a different spec, i was never required to do anything else from my guilds.
In Wotlk, i was also mostly a raider and healed, tanked, dps'ed as melee or ranged whatever my guild required, again mostly healed (druid, pally and priest) and tanked often (druid and pally) with the content before ICC. During ICC i was a guild and raid leader and played whatever role or class my guild needed, this included, holy pally, prot pally (2 diff pally's), blood tank dk, shadow priest and feral tank druid. In Cata i was still guild and co-raid leading with my boyfriend up to the first 4 bosses in FL. Thats when we came here and went back to being raiders. My roles during cata included prot pally, holy pally, ret pally, frost dk and disc priest.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
This will probly sound silly but Professor Putricide was the most memorable when we first encountered him, and didnt really know what the hell was going, it was hard and challenging and we had such a laugh figuring it out and learning how to deal with it. The puddles went spreading the whole room full, people were killed by slimes, other people werent stacking on the green slime's target. It was a mess, but we soon cleaned it up and went on progressing and went through the whole experience painfully in heroic mode again.

5. (For DPS) There is a group of 6 mobs with clear instructions of a killing order plus some CC's. Do you:
a) Run around screaming.
b) AoE the shit out of everything.
c) Kill in the order given.
d) Pick your nose and go afk.

6. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays - 100%
- Sundays - 100%

7. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?
Yes, i used it during ICC raids and i felt it was the most fair looting system.

8. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it, please use the links in the above post to help you)

Well im not quite sure as what spec im applying as or even with what char i do not know what you need me as. I understand it is compulsory but if you could please reply and indicate which you want to see, since i have no screenshot atm to provide and will need to go take one, i need to know as which spec and what addons to explain for a certain spec. I also need to go into a raid and play one of the roles to provide you a more accurate screenshot.. And if i had to post all it will take a few days, to go into a few raids as the different roles.

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?
Jewelcrafting - 525
Alchemy - 525, I chose transmutation master as i transmute my own gems for crafting and selling.

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
I have not yet started getting the new epic recipes, i would start by getting what the guild needs first and then work on my own. I unfortunately have not saved up tokens for the patch, but will get the recipes as needed so that all the JC's together can cover most of them in a shorter period of time and not all have the same recipes.
Alchemy i have the Sandstone drake recipe if you find any value in that. Also the cauldron for raids, flasks etc.

Other than that my proffessions dont offer much else.

On my priest i have Enchanting - 525, I have all the enchants pre 4.3 including all 3 bracer enchants (50 int, str and agil).
Tailoring - 525, I have not actively raided Firelands with this character as i did with my paladin and have not seen a tailoring recipe drop when i was there so unfortunately nothing to offer atm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]   Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:28 pm

very nicely written and informative application, one of best i have seen recently:) good luck.
Back to top Go down
Zazhoo

Zazhoo

PostSubject: Re: Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]   Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 am

Ohh another blond to join us will be fun Very Happy

I like you already and maybe it will take the heat of me and Lin Very Happy

Good luck

Zazzie
Back to top Go down
Wolfcan

PostSubject: Re: Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]   Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:08 am

Nice application! Two major outstanding sentence that I like the most:

Other than that im a typical girl, lots of blonde moments

because my sister plays on this realm.

Got me vote bounce
Back to top Go down
Nosforato
Admin
Admin
Nosforato

PostSubject: Re: Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]   Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:15 am

Thank you for the application.

Looks promising,

Waiting for your BF to apply aswell pls Smile

Greetings
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

PostSubject: Re: Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]   Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:30 am

I usually spend my mornings grilling applications...but...this is faultless

...so thank you, i need to re-arange my morning

for a faultless app which has even the biggest Elitist Jerk in the guild impressed +1

Back to top Go down
Ilion
Admin
Admin
Ilion

PostSubject: Re: Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]   Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:42 am

Hey and thank you for such an awesomely put together application.... I think I can safely say that the women are quickly taking over the guild! \o/

The officers are quickly trying to figure how we can best fit you into our raid group.

One other thing, we have decided to go for a 3rd night raiding which is a Thursday night (the application template hadn't been updated when you made your app)

Are Thursday nights an issue for you?

Cheers,

//Ilion

Back to top Go down
http://www.jennyadams.co.uk
Mizery

PostSubject: Re: Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]   Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:46 am

Hey guys,

Thank you for the positive response, i thought my application may have been way too long lol.

I have no problems with thursday nights as well.

Also my boyfriend, a lock called Snakescrazy, did an application at about 4 am this morning, but i dont see it so im thinking he may have been very tired and forgot to actually post it. I will have to find out what happened there and get him to post it again if it didnt work.

And im glad i could give you a morning off Niknaks Very Happy

Miz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]   Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted] Empty

Back to top Go down

Paladin / Priest raiding application [Accpeted]
Page 1 of 1