The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Warlock [Accepted]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snakes

Application - Warlock [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Application - Warlock [Accepted]   Application - Warlock [Accepted] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 am

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.
Dave, 22, UK, Selling insurance to the rich and foolish Smile

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.
Okay, hmm.. well as my girlfriend stated before in her post (Mizery), I'm sort of a Pee Vee Pee junkie... I have over 6.5K+ duels won on my lock alone.
Dueling is my hobby as such, its a way to learn not only your class but more importantly, how others work so you can counter them in future. I lurve Beef Chow Mein <3.

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!
Turkish Superhero! <3

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?
Yup, being a GM before gives a good idea of how to be as a member within a guild and what others would want of me seeing as i've been in their role for way too long before.

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?
Not so far, if any of them do high end arena (2,200+) then I may have but if not then most likely not.

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name, Class and Race:
Snakescrazy, Warlock, Undead

Armory Link:
If there is anything that isn't immidiately apparent on your link can you please state why.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Snakescrazy/simple
Most likely in pvp gear when you check though hehe... if you need to see the pve side and im not in it on armory then i'll let you have a ganda up close and personal :p

1. Character Specs:
Main: Affliction
Off: Demo/Destro

2. What is your rotation for single target?

Affli - Use trinkets, Demon Soul (rune of zeth) to make BoD (Bane of Doom) have inc spell power on it each 15 secs it ticks, BOD, UA, Corruption, Haunt, Shadowflame (if in range), Shadow bolt as filler.

Demo - I use for AoE Trash mostly, so it would be Mastery trinkets, Demon Soul, Metamorphosis, Immolation Aura, Felstorm, Hand of guldan, Shadowflame, Hellfire - I've hit 200k+ dps in firelands trash doing this.

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec?
Does your gear also support this?

Yes and Yes.

4. What is your total time played on this character?

On this char, 164 days played

5. Do you have a link availible to World of Logs?
I don't use World Of Logs so no would be the answer there.

6. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?
Nope

7. What is your reputation with Therazane?
Exalted

8. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
Yup, most likely find me in arena however :p

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?
Well originally I was on the server Hellfire - I've been through a few guilds in my time but most of them have had me at the helm either being the GM or the Co-GM so when it comes to running a guild/raid.. i've been there.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?
The chance to show my abilites within a raid to earn a consitent raid spot with my missus plus friendly, funny peeps to liven the day if need be Smile

3. Why do you want to join this guild?
My missus has been driving me nuts since we left our guild stating shes bored of being without one, she then stated she had a nice pug run with one of your members and said we should give it a try here so here I am Wink

4. Have you applied to other guilds?
Nope.

5. We will be doing some PvP rated BGs, is PvP something that interests you?
Very Much So. Can't state how clearly I mean that.
I have many chars, 5 with 2.2k+ experience in arena including Warlock, Mage, Rogue, Warr, Holy Pala. My lock has seen the higher end though with last season (Ruthless) playing against the rank 1 teams in 5v5 and also meeting players from MLG tournaments in there like Viscious Gladiator Dakkroth and Rodriguez, Hydra, Kalimist, Minpojke, Ziqo and Bloodx to name just a few.
The highest i've seen personally is 2,400+ in 5v5, 2390 in 3's and 2,320 in 2's but MMR (Match making rating) wise i've been ranked up to 2,650-2700.
RBG's I never really entered into, the reason for it is this and i'll be quite blunt... In arena, your skill level has a much higher % chance of success than in rbg due to the amount of players in one game. Therefore, I have to rely more on others in RBG and through experience have found that doing so often leads to disappointment.. hopefully you guys can prove me wrong ^^.

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?
Yup, always come with potions and fewdz to bump up the DPS just that extra bit + always online as the missus can vouch for :p

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.
Top End DPS, with knowledge of classes, fights and stats and spacial awareness from out of this world :p. Nah, im happy to wipe as long as I can see were getting somewhere within the progression and that people aren't constanly moaning about the wiping and the attempts.. I'm more than happy to put in my share and more to get the job done when it comes to fights.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? and current content? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility
TBC - Kara/Magi/Gruuls/TK/SSC/MH/BT cleared, just got into sunwell when tbc was finishing.
Wrath - Naxx/Uld/ToC/ToCGH/ICC all cleared inc hc modes other than hc lich king.
Cata - BoT/BWD/ToTFW/FL normal cleared. 5/7 FL heroic cleared.
Raid led for most of the above - mostly DPS but have healed on the occasion including lich king encounters.

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?
Back in the day when I was playing my main char which was my hunter, I came upon a boss by the name of Kaelthas. Now, when you go in there today to farm him to grab his shiny friggen mount - the encounter seems worthless and not anything special to mention. But, if you were lucky enough to experience the fight in full swing back in TBC days then you would of, imo, experienced the best and most thought out fight that blizzard has implemented into this bane of my existance. I really enjoyed the encounter back then, it had eveything from slow walking giants, to legendarys to even being able to fly and don't forget that lucky egg however.. now adays, its the same thing.. don't stand in the fire, don't hit the mob that has a sign saying hit me and get 1 shot.. so yup, i miss those days and I miss the challenging side of things because to me, PvE is, after a while is not that challenging.
Learn the fight - Farm the Loot - Look Shiny In Org (for me Durotar Very Happy). Rinse repeat.

5. (For DPS) There is a group of 6 mobs with clear instructions of a killing order plus some CC's. Do you:
a) Run around screaming.
b) AoE the shit out of everything.
c) Kill in the order given.
d) Pick your nose and go afk.

Was hard for me not to pick one of the others, their just all really good choices! Especially when trying to do (d) with (a) in a combination with (b) I mean thats just a talent right there!

6. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays
- Sundays

3/4 weeks per month I work hours that would accomidate these times, the last one I work from 17:00 - 22:00 weekdays so the wednesday of that week I would have to miss, however the other 3 i'm fine with all the raids!

7. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?
Yeah thats fine, we used to use that in our guild.

8. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it, please use the links in the above post to help you)

I have random screenies with recount damage meters on there but nothing recent and therefore wouldnt be of great use, however I can if you like go to an instance/training dummy to show whoever the damage output I do if need be.

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?
Engineering/Jewelcrafting

525 Engi - Had this for a very long time ever since I saw they gave the ability to use rocket boots (now belt). It was even allowed in arena back then!!! I know right.. anywhoo, it helps in pve too with the gloves having a +480 intellect use ability with a 45 sec cd being popped constantly. Also the belt (if doesn't backfire) has the ability to get me out of a bad spot if need be.

510 Jewelcrafting - just high enough to get the prismatic gems I need for both my pve and pvp needs.

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?
Unfortunately, I don't have any recipes that i'd imagine would be desired by the rest of the guild.

I'm sure I posted this early mornin yesterday but guess not scratch . I've hit the send button with full force this time!! Better work Smile
Back to top Go down
Niknaks

Niknaks

Application - Warlock [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application - Warlock [Accepted]   Application - Warlock [Accepted] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 7:53 am

Nice app, good luck
Back to top Go down

Application - Warlock [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1