The Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde Guild of Twilight's Hammer

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disc Priest [Accepted]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bandages

Disc Priest [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Disc Priest [Accepted]   Disc Priest [Accepted] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:27 pm

- A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.

My name is Aled Nye. I'm from North Wales in the UK and am currently employed as a Supervisor in a small theme park though I'm planning on going to university in the coming September. I'm 21 aswell.

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.

I drive a quad bike for work and have not yet managed to kill myself on it. I see that as a skill as well as something interesting.

3. Write the first silly word that comes into your head!

Currently all the brain power not being used to write this is spending its time repeating this song over and over in my head
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7y2xPucnAop

4. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?

While I don't post a lot I am a massive forum lurker and I'm sure the website would become one of my google chrome favourite pages very quickly. I would be sure to post any useful or extremely funny infomation aswell

5. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?

I don't think I currently do.

6. Is your application for current content or for Cataclsym?

I am applying for Cataclysm though am more than willing to do what I can up until that point

- B. About Your Toon -

Please state your:

Character Name, Class and Race: - Bandages. Blood Elf Priest
Armory Link:
Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight's+Hammer&cn=Bandages

If there is anything that isn't immidiately apparent on your link can you please state why.

My neck doesn't seem to be loading, but it is the 251 item from the new elemental invasion bosses, I also expect to have the ring and boots from these bosses very soon.

1. Character Specs:
Main: 31/2/3 Disc spec. I have chosen not to spec into Arch Angel currently and have stayed with an Old School style. However I do plan to change this spec on the launch of Cata.
Off: While leveling my Offspec was shadow but is currently disc. I plan to have it as a Battleground/Arena disc build when the expansion hits though I'm not afraid to spend a little gold to change it to another raiding spec when the need arises. Especially now I don't have to re-glyph

2. What is your rotation for single target?

As I am a non Arch Angel Disc priest my rotation is Shields either up or on cooldown using heal to reduce the weakend soul effect on Key targets such as tanks. Also using re-new and flash heal to fill the gaps between shielding. I try and use PW:Barrier to absorb some of the AoE moves some bosses do or as a pre-emptive shield when there is no way of knowing who is about to take damage.

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?

I do not currently have any off-spec gear and I'm saving my justice points until the expansion hits.

4. What is your total time played on this character?

At the time of posting 11days 4hours with 1day 19 hours at level 80.

5. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?

No.

6. What is your reputation with Sons of Hodir?

I am exalted with my Druid

7. Do you play actively outside of raiding?

I currently play nearly every night where I spend my time levelling one of my endless alt characters and there professions or instancing with my priest.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?

I am currently in The Beastro. This has been my guild since Vanilla WoW except for a brief period in TBC where I was with a guild called <PimP> (It stood for Party in my Pants, not the woman owning job title :-P) I wish to leave this guild as due to old members leaving and new ones joining it has changed alot, especially in the last few months. I would like to make a new start in Cataclysm and I believe a new guild would be a great way of doing this.

2. What do you expect from us as a guild?

I expect a friendly atmosphere, people who can take jokes and dish them out too but on the other side of it I want a serious raiding experience where progress is achieved.

3. Why do you want to join this guild?

From what I have seen from your guild website you are a guild who progresses but still has fun in the game. This is how I think WoW should be played.

4. Have you applied to other guilds?

No.

- D. About Raiding -

1. Raiding takes alot of time and effort outside of the instance for comsumables etc. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately?

I play alot of WoW. I would rack up my /played over all my characters but this number would be so large it would probably give me a heart attack. Farming for needed reputation and items is not a problem.

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.

I'm a very fun loving player, I love progress runs. Wiping is not a problem for me as long as I can see some progress and I do take the harder fights quite seriously. In farm content I see this as a time to relax with friends while still playing well. I realise these kills need to be done in order to progress to the end of an instance or the new bosses after it.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility

Pre-BC I raided with a Rogue in Molten Core/AQ-20/ZG and a few bosses in BWL.
In TBC I raided with a Rogue and Holy Paladin in Karazhan ZA and Grull, I then took a break as I started university. (I was a raid leader for my guild in this time)
In WotLK I've raided with a Druid which cleared Naxx/Ulduar(Not including Yogg) I then took a short break as I dropped out of university :-D And returned with a Mage who has cleared ToC/ICC10 fully 11/12 on ICC25 and a few heroic encounters. I leveld my priest with the announcement of 4.0 and have cleared ICC10 only on it. ( During this time I have done a little raid leading and held a druid and mage officer position in my guild)

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?

The General in Ulduar has been my most challenging encounter. During this time my guild was having a little bit of an raider activity problem so getting the same people every week was becoming a challenge. Though through re-speccing my druid to resto and others in the guild putting in alot of effort we finaly got him down. My desktop background is still a picture of our raid force standing in front of the boss ready to engage.

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)
- Wednesdays95%
- Thursdays95%
- Sundays70%
- Mondays95%

6. We use EP/GP as a loot system which rewards players on their raid activity, do you think this is a fair way of distributing loot?

I've used loot council systems and DKP systems before and I believe a point based system is much fairer than any other.

7. Please post a screenshot of your UI (whilst in a raid combat) and explain your addons. If you are a DPS please make sure that your recount/skada is clearly visible. (This is compulsory do not submit your application without it)

Code:
http://yfrog.com/b7interfacehj
The base is Sik UI (Because I like the way it looks) I use grid, Located just under the central position, for all my healing/despelling. The bottom right contains my recount and map. While in combat my map is replaced with Omen threat meter. Nearly all my skills are bound to mouse buttons or keyboard buttons. No spells that would be needed in a fight are pressed using my mouse pointer. Deadly boss Mods is also a must have for any UI I use.

- E. Proffessions -

1. What are your 2 professions? If they are not maxed to the level of profession perks, why not?
Engineering and Mining currently. Mining is not maxed on this character and I will probably replace it soon with a more useful one. Over my other characters I have a maxed tailor/enchanter/Alchemist/leather worker/cook/fisher as well as all the gathering professions. I'm also currently in the process of leveling Inscription on a new character.

2. Do you have high end recipies that you can share with the rest of the guild?

I do not have any ICC recipys.

P.S.

While this character is relatively new I do believe I have a good understanding of how to play. I'm a quick learner and am willing to put in the time needed during Cata to make it the best it can be.
I also have an army of Alts who I will list just incase.
Orim - 80 druid
Ori - 80 mage
Oraim - 80 Paladin
Purple - 80 Warrior
and some alts ranging from 45 to 75 in levels.
Back to top Go down

Disc Priest [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disc Priest [Accepted]   Disc Priest [Accepted] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm

how can I say no to a 29 legend!

Wsp me in game matey

/love Gangly
Back to top Go down

Disc Priest [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1